The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone Applying To Northfield or New Birks Grange?

Is there anyone doing that as from what I can tell so far most people seem to be going catered??

Also I really don't want to go to St Germans so if I put it down 3rd am I right in assuming there is a slim chance of me getting it, so in theory I should get Birks Grange or Northfield?

Also think it is kinda outrageous that given how expensive Northfield is anyway - you then have to pay £100 on top for internet!!??

Does anyone know anything baout the social life/type of people in Northfield or that are likely to apply for Birks Grange?

xx
Reply 1
xxHarrietxx24
Is there anyone doing that as from what I can tell so far most people seem to be going catered??

Also I really don't want to go to St Germans so if I put it down 3rd am I right in assuming there is a slim chance of me getting it, so in theory I should get Birks Grange or Northfield?

Also think it is kinda outrageous that given how expensive Northfield is anyway - you then have to pay £100 on top for internet!!??

Does anyone know anything baout the social life/type of people in Northfield or that are likely to apply for Birks Grange?

xx

noooooo, don't put st german's down if you don't want to go there,
they don't do accomodation on first come first serve, it's just random allocation so you're just as likely to end up in any of them

anyway, i'm going self catered, applied to birks, cook mews and james owen court

true, you don't hear much about the "types" of people, other than holland hall being full of rah's, but then again you seem to hear that most of exeter is awash with rahs-anyway, i'm about as untypical of what seems to be the exeter-type...ii dunno, anyway...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
crowsy
they don't do accomodation on first come first serve, it's just random allocation so you're just as likely to end up in any of them

QUOTE]

Oh dear - that isn't good - I thought they took it as your first choice, second choice and third choice. Argh I really dislike exeter accomodation ha x
Reply 3
[QUOTE="xxHarrietxx24"]
crowsy
QUOTE]
Oh dear - that isn't good - I thought they took it as your first choice, second choice and third choice. Argh I really dislike exeter accomodation ha x

They do work through your first, second and third preferences. It's possible that through some bizarre quirk you might end up in St German's rather than the other two (though I doubt it), but then it's also possible you could end up somewhere else entirely. I shouldn't worry about it overmuch; the main thing is the people and the experience, and a bulding can't give you those things - you'll make them for yourself wherever you live.

Latest