The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
kat18
I wanted leodis but just got put in henry price, gutted! i didnt look at it on the open day so i have no idea what it will be like! can any1 help me out? seems il have 2 share a bathroom with some1 which i reeeaallly didnt want! does anyone know if its mixed or single sex flats?

on the accomodation list pixie05 is in C2:12, iv been put in C2:11, does this mean we will be in the same flat?

yup in the room next door to each other :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
kat18
I wanted leodis but just got put in henry price, gutted! i didnt look at it on the open day so i have no idea what it will be like! can any1 help me out? seems il have 2 share a bathroom with some1 which i reeeaallly didnt want! does anyone know if its mixed or single sex flats?

on the accomodation list pixie05 is in C2:12, iv been put in C2:11, does this mean we will be in the same flat?

Hey there! I'm in C2.13 and they'r flats of 10 so I'm guessin u,me n pixie05 will all be in the same flat! Its strange that u'v got in2 Henry Price if u didnt ask 4 it cuz its usually oversubscribed. It might be a bit of a shock if u wanted leodis cuz HP is a bit of a slum n i thought leodis was quite posh but please don't let that worry u! The reason I chose HP is cuz it has flats of 10 and I stayed there with my mate last yr n the atmosphere was fab! I decided that was more important than a spick n span flat! I applied 4 mixed flats but so far everyone in out flat is female so I'm not sure!!
Reply 3
i quite like the idea of living with 9 other people, the more the merrier! i just cant believe theres no internet access, i dont think i can live without the internet! oh well!
Reply 4
no honestly don't worry! The geography cluster of computers is 30 secs away n its open 24/7 and I don't really care if i end up sittin in there in my pjs! I'm pretty internet obsessed n I dont even kno if i'l be able 2 live without inet in my room but at the end of the day its only the 1st yr n also by livin in henry price think how much more drinkin money u'l have cuz it's one of the cheapest!!! he he!! Be positive!! I'm really looking 4ward 2 sharin with 9 others 2,I promise u the atmosphere wont dissapoint!!
Reply 5
lol ok il take ur word 4 it! im glad im in ur flat anyway, u seem 2 know how 2 have a good time! wat course are you doin? hehe i cant wait now! :smile:
Reply 6
Glad 2 hear!! I'm doin Graphic n Communication Design! Just in the middle of readin a text book that I have 2 read b4 my course starts and graphic design seems more complicated than i thought!!
Reply 7
Btw I emailed pixie05 cuz i thought it'd be a good idea 2 get 2 kno roomies b4 we start but she hasnt emailed back!! :frown: It's mad that in this chat room every in henry price is from out flat!!
Reply 8
well im doin chemistry, dont think iv got 2 read anythin b4 my course, hopefully not anyway! was HP ur 1st choice? i didnt even consider it so i have no idea wat it looks like! r the rooms big, wats the kitchen like etc...? any info would be greatly appreciated lol!
Reply 9
Yeh it was my 1st choice 4 the fact there would be so many ppl (I kinda thought that i would prefer 2 have friends than luxury in the 1st yr!!) but i was considerin montague burton cz of the inet access but on the down side it was a shared bathroom n only 5 ppl per flat. I only kno about HP flat B1, which i stayed in earlier this yr but i'm guessin C2 will be practically the same but on 2nd floor not 1st. I'l start with the bathroom. It's small, more of a wetroom, which I was horified about at 1st but by the end of my stay I was loving the fact u could have a shower while on the toilet and if ur really drunk after a nite out n turn lights out,sit on the toilet n put the shower on it feels like ur in a tropical rainstorm!!! (well accordin 2 one of the girls that tried it!!)
Reply 10
rooms are small obviously, its uni but they'r livable! Basically the same as most of the other halls. I think they have a wardrobe, bedside table, storage above ur bed n i think a full length mirror (not sure tho)!!
Reply 11
oh ur carpets blue if that makes any difference n one wall is a colour accordin 2 what floor u'r on so 1st floor was red,dunno what 2nd is
Reply 12
the kitchen's kinda small 4 10 ppl but has about 3 microwaves n freezers n i think u share a fridge between 2 n get a storage box each. The sink n surface around sink kinda separates the kitchen n 'dining room', which is like benches round a table. We spent loads of time there playin drinkin games b4 goin out!!
Reply 13
what else d'u wanna kno!!?
Reply 14
ha that bathroom sounds like fun! lol. yeh i agree we should get 2 know our roomies! do u have msn? mines [email protected], feel free 2 add me if u do! it is really weird that evry1 on here is in the same flat! weird in a good way tho!
Reply 15
I can send u some pix of the place from wen i went if u like!! They dont exactly look like they do on the uni website (just a little messy!!)
Reply 16
u can email me on my sister's if u like cz hotmail keeps closing my address down cz i only really use it 4 junk so never check my emails!! it's [email protected]
Reply 17
yeh ok will do, yeh send me some pics plz! it sounds really good now, i dunno wat i was worryin 4! lol
Reply 18
now u sound so pleased i dont know if u'l wanna see the bathroom!!! i'v gotta warn u its nowhere as nice as leodis!! I mean NOWHERE!!!! (although I was stayin with a dirty bloke who probably had never cleaned it!!)
Reply 19
i'l send the photos 2 ur hotmail

Latest