The Student Room Group

Fail! :s

I would just like to ask one question.I have a conditional offer from greenwich and i need to get a 180 ucas poins for a business managment course.i have 30 points from a AS in critical thinking which i got a D in and i think im gonna have about 60 from my business studies A2 coz im aming for a D as well.im only doing an AS in sociology but it seems like a pretty easy subject so im aiming for a B which would get me an extra 50 ucas points.But this is where the problem occurs..im doing A2 german as well and for my AS i got a U now im retaking it and i think im gonna get a U again and im pretty sure il get a U for my A2 German exam to!!Does that mean i will always have a U on my records and is there a possibility of taking an AS privately so i can get another 40 points i would need to get into the course i want?HELP!I dont know what to do!
addds
I would just like to ask one question.I have a conditional offer from greenwich and i need to get a 180 ucas poins for a business managment course.i have 30 points from a AS in critical thinking which i got a D in and i think im gonna have about 60 from my business studies A2 coz im aming for a D as well.im only doing an AS in sociology but it seems like a pretty easy subject so im aiming for a B which would get me an extra 50 ucas points.But this is where the problem occurs..im doing A2 german as well and for my AS i got a U now im retaking it and i think im gonna get a U again and im pretty sure il get a U for my A2 German exam to!!Does that mean i will always have a U on my records and is there a possibility of taking an AS privately so i can get another 40 points i would need to get into the course i want?HELP!I dont know what to do!

STUDY HARD NOW. you'll regret it in the future. if you don't make the grade then yes, you can retake the AS but will have to reapply to uni next time, and who knows whether they will still give you an offer. so WORK HARD NOW. TRY YOUR VERY BEST! greenwich is a good uni. you don't wanna miss this opportunity. i wish you all the best, and good luck! you can do it!!!
addds
Does that mean i will always have a U on my records

No, you wouldn't have anything on your records as you don't have a qualification in German. A U grade means unclassified, you failed to get the minimum grades to pass so its a fail and you do not have the AS or A level grade so you'd never include it on anything (CVs/UCAS application etc) however if you were to get an E you would have to include it because it is a grade, you passed and you have a qualification in it.

is there a possibility of taking an AS privately so i can get another 40 points i would need to get into the course i want?

Not at this late in the game, no. Your conditional offer for Greenwich needs to be met by 31st August 2010 meaning you can't take another AS now because it is too late. You would have to reapply for university in September, take a gap year and either complete the full A level in sociology (this would be the most sensible) or take another AS level. Speak to your school/college about the prospect of coming back in September to gain some more qualifications should this be a route you decide to take.

Right now all you can do is ensure that you get at least an E in your German course. I assume you will have already done the speaking exam but ensure you know your tenses/your grammar etc and keep it simple in the exam. If you keep your language simple-ish and sticking to what you know and doing it well you'll do better than trying to make things you don't fully know. Learn as much vocab and grammar stuff before you do the exam and see what happens - keep focused and confident... remember a lot of people have exam worries around this time of year and come results day a lot of them are unjustified.

Latest

Trending

Trending