The Student Room Group

Student Finance Problems

I applied for my student finance and my Mum has sent off all her P60's and other relevant information.
They've sent me an offer of how much money I am entitled to stating that they have assessed my finance without details as they have not been recieved.
I sent the details around two weeks ago in first class post - will my student finance alter once they recieve them? Why are they saying I haven't sent them in?
I'm entitled to the full amount as I have a low household income and am worried I aren't going to get what I'm entitled to.

Also, I am entitled to a bursary from my University of choice - will this be awarded automatically or am I supposed to apply for it in some way?

Thank you
Reply 1
Student Finance pass on details to the university to see if you qualifyfor any bursary.
Apperently a lot of people have not been means tested, you should probably ring them and check that it will change once they get round to processing your parents evidence.
Two weeks is nothing!
SFE are months behind in processing mail. Just wait.
Student Finance always seem to assess without loan and then update the details later after you've sent them the P60's etc. They have done that to me three times!
Don't worry about it, it takes them time to look over the file again so it could be weeks but won't affect your application.

When you find out what Uni you go to, and it all goes through after results day you either keep the info as it is, or change it if you end up going somewhere else other than your firm.
Your Uni will then find out your info and inform you of any bursary you are entitled to!
Agree with MollyMustard, the main thing is you got your evidence in the post ... more info -

http://www.slc.co.uk/england/index.html#section2

Latest

Trending

Trending