Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 Film Studies - exam revison?

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BreY)
    The question for 'Talk To Her' was a ******* annoyance, we just revised gender and sexuality. You could incorporate that into the melodrama but just made the exam a whole lot longer.
    Snap!!
    we had studied exactly the same in depth and it even could be applied to the mock, however this is where the general questions at the begining of the section really helped!
    I thought melodramatic, we are doing film not drama here?!

I wouldn't exactly call the acting melodramatic anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the question on Power, Poverty and Conflict about the distinctive film techniques?
    This may be a bit stupid asking this but the word distinctive threw me of this question...what's the difference, if any, between distinctive techniques and just film techniques? I think I was too generalised when answering this question.

Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I did question 1, 16 and 26
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robinson521)
    Did anyone do the question on Power, Poverty and Conflict about the distinctive film techniques?
    This may be a bit stupid asking this but the word distinctive threw me of this question...what's the difference, if any, between distinctive techniques and just film techniques? I think I was too generalised when answering this question.

Thanks.
    distinctive just means ones that were obvious, like things that stood out or were different
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the section on Empowering Women? I did that using All About My Mother, the emotional response question using Funny Games/Freaks and the critical study question using Fight Club.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica,)
    distinctive just means ones that were obvious, like things that stood out or were different
    Hmm thanks. I should be okay then...hopefully. One of my points was the distinctive camera work used by Paulo Lins in City of God and also by Mathieu Kassovitz in La Haine and obviously the way La Haine was filmed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any very good exemplar essays for any sections? please? =)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew12349)
    Does anyone have any notes on theories of emotional response etc.
    I know most of the basics but am finding it hard to find enough material on actual emotional response. We've looked at Clover, Mulvey, Wood etc. but could do with something more specific to audiences reaction, identification, response etc. Cheers.
    I need film theory. What film theory do you have?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 29, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.