The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rivers was the past two years, it's highly likely it'll be population unless they trick us all.

I am really hoping it's rivers though x_x

They made us take this exam in January and our whole class got Es and Us, don't know how they expected us to do well when we need all 4 topics AND skills :|
Reply 2
Tawm
Rivers was the past two years, it's highly likely it'll be population unless they trick us all.

I am really hoping it's rivers though x_x

They made us take this exam in January and our whole class got Es and Us, don't know how they expected us to do well when we need all 4 topics AND skills :|

Yeah, thats what I thought. I dont think it'd be rivers, but maybe they just want us to think that and ARE gonna trick us!

I actually want it to be population, rivers looks pretty difficult, plus it'd be like a whole paper on rivers! and thats just not nice.. at all.
Reply 3
Its normally rivers in summer and population in jan, however, i did the jan sitting and it was rivers, so you have more chance of population coming up.

Should be a nice paper for you too, because the jan one got loads of complaints for having 'content' questions rather than skills questions...we had to draw a meander?
Reply 4
04ghicks
Its normally rivers in summer and population in jan, however, i did the jan sitting and it was rivers, so you have more chance of population coming up.

Should be a nice paper for you too, because the jan one got loads of complaints for having 'content' questions rather than skills questions...we had to draw a meander?

LOL nice. Easy marks :woo:
04ghicks

The meander drawing was easy! :p:

I hope it is a little easier than Unit 1, could really do with a break in Geog :frown:

I absolutely hate Population, I would have loved for both papers to be entirely rivers if it were possible! :p:
Reply 6
does anyone have the past paper of January? I remember sitting it , it was terrible , i got 42 out of 60 which is a B which is too bad since i was expecting to get an A...
Reply 7
04ghicks

Oh, I hope it's a nice paper, really not looking forward to it to be honest!
and draw a meander?! No way!
Reply 8
*Prays to be a meander based exam*
whatsmyage
does anyone have the past paper of January? I remember sitting it , it was terrible , i got 42 out of 60 which is a B which is too bad since i was expecting to get an A...

I have the past paper here with me, dammit you should be happy with a B! :|!!
Reply 10
Tawm
I have the past paper here with me, dammit you should be happy with a B! :|!!

Well I cant afford to be happy with a B since universities are getting even more strict with requirements and especially for eu-students that are not british its kind of hard to get accepted to good universities. And damn, tomorrow I have a clash with Geography and Classical Civilisation... I just hope that It will be an easy topic.......
Is there any way to attach the paper here ?

Oh and Good luck to everyone :smile:
xx
I only have it as a booklet, As far as I know the PDF download has only been released on the teacher's area on the AQA site :frown:
Reply 12
Definitely going to fail this.. oh well. Ahh what would I do without re-sits.
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 13
As the exam is in the afternoon, i guess i have the whole morning to revise, and as i have geography first period, my teacher can tell me what will be in the paper tomorrow, I just hope its something easy and nothing like the hard questions in the P & H Geography paper. Yes, best of luck to anyone whos taking this paper tomorrow afternoon, you're (we're) going to need it!

Well it's not about luck really, it's about your knowledge of the subject itself and the fieldwork that you have carried out - if any.
nmr1991
As the exam is in the afternoon, i guess i have the whole morning to revise, and as i have geography first period, my teacher can tell me what will be in the paper tomorrow, I just hope its something easy and nothing like the hard questions in the P & H Geography paper. Yes, best of luck to anyone whos taking this paper tomorrow afternoon, you're (we're) going to need it!

Well it's not about luck really, it's about your knowledge of the subject itself and the fieldwork that you have carried out - if any.

And trying to work out what their dammed 'command' words mean... :s-smilie:
Resitting it tomorrow as I got a D in Jan :l I hope it's rivers again. I need to wake up early tomorrow to revise lol.
Reply 16
Good luck everyone. :smile:
Reply 17
what did you guys think of it?
i hated the quantative qualitative bit of it !!
and also i wasnt liking those pie charts... really struggled for time... think i got about 65% what about you guys??
just came back from it!! it was like unit 1 horrible!!!!! they picked for me the hardest questions for the "your investigation" one! i was hoping for like "explain why you investigation site was suitable etc"

me thinks im retaking unit 1 and 2 next jan!
havanaclub
what did you guys think of it?
i hated the quantative qualitative bit of it !!
and also i wasnt liking those pie charts... really struggled for time... think i got about 65% what about you guys??

oh yeh i was wtf :eek3: at the quantitiv qualitive question! got the qualitive bit wrong!

though i was :woo: when it came to data presentation as i did the basic scatter graph!

Latest

Trending

Trending