The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DeterminedOne
Mr M I am a complete idiot, I worte P=-8 not -6 for question 9 i think it was but I got q correct. Would I get error carried forward for the questions that used p and q afterwards?

Yes.
Reply 201
Mr M please answer my question :frown:

I became complacent before the exam so wasnt even nervous, then STUPIDLY in the exam, i forgot about the god damn rule about changing the gradient when it was a tangent!! so kept it the same throughout. then realised as soon as i left what i've done wrong.

Someone please tell me if i did the working out right for the next parts of the questions etc, how many marks can I loose?

I'm pranging out now, because it's such a school boy error! and i was wondering if i could still get a high B?
how many marks were for them questions?
xxxx
Regards Alex
FoOtYdUdE
what was the question for 8 iv) ?? the inequalities one.,

actually it doesn't matte.r..i've got it

ur decimal -2.5 freaked me out for a moment..but then i realised that's the same as -10/4 which is wt i got. :p:
Freerider101
For Q8 iv (4 mark inequality), the answer is x < -2.5 or x > 0. However would I still get marks for using this method: I took the completed square from (8i) Set it equal to zero. Then Added part q (3 and 1/8). Divided by 2. Then squared rooted. Then minused the p (5/4). So I had a pretty nasty looking roots. I then set inequalities. But I really doubt that they didn't equal -2.5 or 0!

Well you can do it that way. Without knowing what your final inequalities were, it is hard to say how many marks you will have achieved.
Reply 204
can any one remember what it said on question 6? i m getting my friend to help me with it....:smile:
alexcosby
Mr M please answer my question :frown:

I became complacent before the exam so wasnt even nervous, then STUPIDLY in the exam, i forgot about the god damn rule about changing the gradient when it was a tangent!! so kept it the same throughout. then realised as soon as i left what i've done wrong.

Someone please tell me if i did the working out right for the next parts of the questions etc, how many marks can I loose?

I'm pranging out now, because it's such a school boy error! and i was wondering if i could still get a high B?
how many marks were for them questions?
xxxx
Regards Alex

You probably lost 2 marks there.
Reply 206
Mr M. Would 71/72 be 100 UMS then???
FoOtYdUdE
what was the question for 8 iv) ?? the inequalities one.,

solve 2x^2 + 5x > 0
hi guys
i just did my edexcel C1 paper and it was alright.

if one does the whole Q right but in the end write 2 instead of 4(i know its silly) and becuase of that get the answer wrong how many marks will i lose.the q was for 7 marks.
for the final Q final part what are the two marks awarded for? if both are given for correct graph then i lost both marks, but if one is given for saying 2 intersections means 2 real roots then i scraped a mark. cheers
TroTro
Mr M. Would 71/72 be 100 UMS then???

No. 72/72 will be 100 UMS - a lot of candidates will have achieved that.
Reply 211
If, for the graphs in question 2, I drew the graph in the 3rd and 4th quadrants but forgot to flip it (so the wrong shape), would I get a mark for that?

Also if I moved my incorrect graph up 3 units for the second part, would I get a mark for that?
goodboy4444
hi guys
i just did my edexcel C1 paper and it was alright.

if one does the whole Q right but in the end write 2 instead of 4(i know its silly) and becuase of that get the answer wrong how many marks will i lose.the q was for 7 marks.

Lose 1 mark. Don't discuss Edexcel papers - they are embargoed for several hours.
Mr M
Well you can do it that way. Without knowing what your final inequalities were, it is hard to say how many marks you will have achieved.

Okay cheers, so out of 4 marks could I still get 2 method marks then? If so I think I've only dropped 2 answers marks there, and 2 marks on back page hopefully!
otty99
If, for the graphs in question 2, I drew the graph in the 3rd and 4th quadrants but forgot to flip it (so the wrong shape), would I get a mark for that?

Also if I moved my incorrect graph up 3 units for the second part, would I get a mark for that?

1 mark out of 2 and 1 mark out of 2.
Reply 215
Mr M
You probably lost 2 marks there.

Oh my gosh are you serious? I was so scared..
Was there only one question in reference to gradients? I have such a bad memory.
I'm so glad I joined this website.
Thank you Mr M
Regards
xx
Freerider101
Okay cheers, so out of 4 marks could I still get 2 method marks then? If so I think I've only dropped 2 answers marks there, and 2 marks on back page hopefully!

Possibly. Hard to say without seeing your script.
Reply 217
Mr M....thanks for all the help/answers

One more!!

For the last question, I drew the perfect graph. However, this was my explanation: 'since there are two points of intersection (as above) there must be two real roots. Is that worth 2 marks? Strictly speaking it is one intersection and a tangent...
??
Reply 218
Guysguysguys do you think i would get all the marks for writing the answer as squareroot 1/ 2 instead of just 1/2? (stupid mistake...i know)
?
?
???
Reply 219
Mr M, do you have a copy of the question paper that i could see, or could you tell me what all the questions were as i have forgotten, and i can't estimate what mark i've got without the questions =(

and also for question 5 for finding the roots i only put +0.5 i forgot to put the negative one as well :s how many marks would i get?

Latest

Trending

Trending