The Student Room Group

Big Mistake In My German As Exam

hi everyone, i really want your opinion on this. for the writing task in the AS german paper, i did a draft on the first page, which was reasonably neat, but wasn't laid out in the proper letter format, and had scribbles, etc..you know. i also missed out one of the bullet points and my grammar was BAD. on the next page i did the proper letter, BUT I FORGOT TO CROSS OUT THE PRACTISE ON THE FIRST PAGE!!! you can imagine how much i am kicking myself right now. it's because i was writing right up to the last minute. do you think that the examiners will have a speck of common sense and mark the second one, or just mark up to 220 words, which will include the beginning of the real one, but probably not far past the first paragraph. please give me your opinion on this, i am so worried and really do not want to have to re sit the exam. i am on edexcel board. thanks.
Reply 1
Don't worry, AS exams aren't important anyway.
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure they'll notice it was a draft and see that your real essay was on the other next page! But did you not get a different piece of paper to draft on?
Also, although I do AQA I'm pretty sure there isn't a word limit so you should be fine I reckon:smile:
Reply 3
When i did my A level English literature exam i started writing my answer for the question on the front page as normal, i then turned over the booklet and continued writing my essay. So when i thought i was writing on the next page in fact i was on the very last page instead. This effectively split my essay by 20 or so blank pages. A few moments of inner panic and i had written a hasty apology to the marker and directed them to what a fool i had been. i explained my essay went from page 1-21-2 and prayed. when i got my results it turned out they had read my explanation and understood, i got an A regardless :biggrin: Moral of the story, exam markers aren't stupid, bitter and twisted yes, but idiots no, it will be obvious to them what is the proper answer.
Reply 4
no, we didn't get a seperate piece of paper, we had to do the draft in the booklet. thank you everyone, you made me feel much better! do you think it's worth contacting the board?
oh dear me what a pickle!

lolz i found the paper so unbelievably easy ... jokes pffft

im sure it'll be fine :smile: don't worry about it

love ya x

Latest