The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say a page for part A and about 2 pages for B/C. I'm not sure about the unseen poetry. If it's ten marks, then I'd say a page.
I'm basing this off what I usually write in mocks, and the book of photocopied answers my teacher gave me. Just write as much as you need to secure the maximum marks. =)
Yea, its not like the other papers stating how much you have to write for each question. I think about 1 - 2 pages for extract questions, 2 pages for the essay questions and then as much as you can on the unseen poetry. By the way have you got any clue as to what any of the questions are about?
Reply 3
What books are you doing? It's impossible to guess really, although I suppose it won't be anything that was in last year's paper. =S
Argh, I'm so scared. I would be confident if it was a mock, but I actually like English Lit so I want to do myself justice in it. =S
Reply 4
Dusty12
What books are you doing?

I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird and Blood Brothers.

I only want a B in English, but i'm worried that even that will be a struggle :/

Hopefully there are some questions in TKAM on courage, since I actually do know a few examples of that
It really isn't about page numbers, I wrote loads, but my friend also got the same grade and wrote a few pages. Let the paper write itself!
There are so many pre-GCSE worrying posts on here tonight, I was in the exact same position before... If you have worked hard on your revision you will do excellently. Just relaxxx and enjoy discussing the texts - even if you hate them
Good luck everybody :smile:
Reply 6
hey guys, test went well, just wondering if anyone knew any grade boundries..?
Reply 7
For me the exam was awful!
I got a 20 mark question wrong out of 70 marks!
i wrote about a Q out of context!!
i got59/80 which is a B in my coursework (30%)
to get a C overall out of this situation, what mark would i need out of 70 ?
ALL REPLIES WELCOME

Latest

Trending

Trending