The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

munchkin123
Any LGBT?

Is there a big LGBT scene in Leeds?

My friend - I say friend, we're not friends anymore lol - is going to Leeds and she's gay. There's always some sort of gay scene in big cities, I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I know 2 girls who had a fight with a tranny in leeds.......
greatmonte
I know 2 girls who had a fight with a tranny in leeds.......

Haha that sounds like an excellent fight! Although I hope it wasn't some kind of homophobic or heterophobic fight lol...
Reply 4
munchkin123
Any LGBT?

Is there a big LGBT scene in Leeds?

I'm gay and heading to Leeds. I heard the gay scene isn't too bad. Dunno what you're into, but there is a gay club called Queen's Court which has recently been done up. There are also weekly gay nights at Mission 2 such as Back Door Disco and Homo.

I suppose any big city like Leeds will have something for everyone. The Uni has quite a large and active LGBT society too, so it's not bad.
Hiya, I went to leeds last year (before dropping out and going for a gap year :P) but the LGBT scene is what is making come back this year. It's really good, early in the term there is normally a tour for the freshers organised by the soiciety. And the soiciety meets for 2 hours everyday, and does go for regular club nights. Everyone was really friendly and by the 3rd week I was confident enough to just turn up at any of the clubs 'cause you would bump into someone you would know! The scene in leeds was what really made the whole "new city/uni" really enjoyable for me! I look forward to seeing you there in september :wink:
Reply 6
Im hopefully going to Leeds :smile: Ive had friends tell me that the LGBT scene is pretty good, so i'm hoping it is! :smile:
Bumping xD
Reply 8
Hehe, bumping whom :p:
ahahaha, wouldn't you like to know?? :wink: lol
Reply 10
Intrigue is the best term...
And we're going to be in the same dept. Woop.
O yar - Should be good!! :P Some of our culture modules might overlap - that would be pretty kl, if not at least we'll be in the same building!! lol xD
Reply 12
Found out there's a 'meet and greet' on Sunday 26th September (Sunday in freshers week) for the LGBT society. Pretty sure I'll be going to that; I only really meet other gay people when I'm drunk - not a great first impression!!

http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/events/7413/1653/
ahahha, meet and greet' for the LGBT society?! Sounds great x)
Reply 14
I think it's meat and greet...
September's fresh intake of student flesh. Eww. Meh, let's get drunk and be raucous :p:
Reply 15
Diachrom
I think it's meat and greet...
September's fresh intake of student flesh. Eww. Meh, let's get drunk and be raucous :p:

Haha, that seems to be the case in every LGBT I think.

To be fair, I have facebooked the Leeds LGBT members to see whether there's any talent.
Reply 16
89sr11

To be fair, I have facebooked the Leeds LGBT members to see whether there's any talent.

ahah I'm sure you've spotted me then... :wink:
Reply 17
And... any talent?

Actually, no, I'm above all that. Maybe.
ooo, I missed the meet and greet last year, defiantly not gunna miss it now I got a second chance at being a fresher lol, look forward to seeing you all there!!
Reply 19
Hey,

I'm possibly off to Leeds in September. I'll be a postgrad student though, does the LGBT society have a lost of PGStudents?

I'm still attempting to sort accomodation though at the moment, which is proving to be difficult as I'm getting nowhere :frown:

Latest