The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
samzurai
how did you find rod?

Hey Sam !!! :biggrin:

Well it was alright :biggrin:
It was easier than the mock one (june 2009)
:biggrin:
hows u
Reply 81
RodrigoB
Hey Sam !!! :biggrin:

Well it was alright :biggrin:
It was easier than the mock one (june 2009)
:biggrin:
hows u

:yep: , i'm good mate, lets hope unit 2 is easier as well, you think you got an A?
Reply 82
You see the question where it says why is an enzyme vaccine not taken in orally, I wrote the pH of the stomach acid denatures the enzyme. Do I only get one mark out of 2 because I didnt say the products are not absorbed into the blood by the intestine?
Reply 83
RodrigoB
I wrote

Diaphragm stretches and flattens increasing the thorax volume

will they give me marks for that?

Do you remember how many marks that was? Because like a fool! Im so damn annoyed at myself I put the wrong shape down! I said it contracts, making a dome shape! what an idiot! and then i said this decreases the pressure in the thorax increases the volume and air is drawn in? I hope i atleast get one mark as I said it contracts, I really need to know how many marks it was haha.
Reply 84
123trident
You see the question where it says why is an enzyme vaccine not taken in orally, I wrote the pH of the stomach acid denatures the enzyme. Do I only get one mark out of 2 because I didnt say the products are not absorbed into the blood by the intestine?

that should be a mark :yep:
Reply 85
samzurai
that should be a mark :yep:

So I get one out of two marks?
Reply 86
I put for the enzyme one that it would be too big to diffuse across the epithelial cells, and therefore could not get into the blood, didnt think about Ph! any marks do you think?

And for the ORS I put "Salts such as sodium chloride" do you think i will get the mark?

and the filtration question i put to filter out organalles from cytoplasm??
Reply 87
Chemistry: Cheers for that rudimentary markscheme - looks like I have lost about two marks.
I put 'filter to remove debris' as a wild stab.
Reply 88
How much was HSW?
And I mean like, whole questions based on it.
Want to see what AQA look like doing this year.
i accidently put thorac not thorax will i lose a mark here
Reply 90
RodrigoB
Hey and what about the vaccination question?

The antigen is a protein on the surface membrane of the virus ( or cell invaved by the virus) that isn't recognised as self by the immune system and thus triggers an immune response.

IS that okay? to write antigens could be on cell invaded by the virus ?

Yes it is okay to get you full marks:yep:
Reply 91
Ramses II
Chemistry: Cheers for that rudimentary markscheme - looks like I have lost about two marks.
I put 'filter to remove debris' as a wild stab.

That is right, i came across a markscheme that asked the same question
Reply 92
123trident
So I get one out of two marks?

Would i get the full marks? Because enzymes are proteins, (i wrote that it was a large molecule so cannot be absorbed orally into the blood).
you know for the question about why boys should have the HPV vaccine, would herd immunity be okay?
For the question on why girls and boys should be vaccinated when they are young- i wrote that it reduces the HPV from being spread because more people are immune to it at a younger age...will i get the mark?
Oh dear i put that the enzymes are large insoluble molecules so could not be absorbed into the blood in the small intestine where they were needed.

do i get 2 marks or one because i didn't put that the enzymes will denature in the stomach acid??
Reply 96
chipsnfish
How low are we talking here lol, 70% for an A?

The first ever one was 33/60 for an A.

The next around 38/60.

You're lucky kids.

I got an A in this paper so i'm sure you guys can too. :h:
Reply 97
samzurai
:yep: , i'm good mate, lets hope unit 2 is easier as well, you think you got an A?

Yh I made some silly mistakes in the small questions of how science works... I think I prob lost 8 marks or something.
Yh I got a feeling unit 2 will be evil cos Unit 1 was easier than the practise papers one. :frown:
Dude some people from our class slept during the exam time. How bad is that haha
Reply 98
*MJ*
The first ever one was 33/60 for an A.

The next around 38/60.

You're lucky kids.

I got an A in this paper so i'm sure you guys can too. :h:

Wow, why is the boundaries so low ? I mean nearly everyone can get an A then.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 99
anyone think they will be able to get a copy of the paper anytime soon? unless anyone has made an unofficial mark scheme yet with the number of marks for each question?

Latest