The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did AQA and it was fine :smile: Nothing too challenging
On To Kill A Mockingbird I did the trial part and on t he poems I did Q22, where you had to compare 4 poems about family relationships.
Just get's a bit boring and your hand is buggered by the end :P Did about 8 pages
Reply 2
you had to compare 4 poems :O
:O we only had to compare 2
Reply 3
DannyW94
I did AQA and it was fine :smile: Nothing too challenging
On To Kill A Mockingbird I did the trial part and on t he poems I did Q22, where you had to compare 4 poems about family relationships.
Just get's a bit boring and your hand is buggered by the end :P Did about 8 pages

yehh i did tkamm aswell..gutted about the family relationships, i didnt see that question! and i would of loved that question - so annoyed! instead i was chatting rubbish about some next question :frown:

oh wellss
I think I messed up Pride and Prejudice but other than that it was ok :smile:
Did anyone do the pride and Prejudice Question about Wickham?!
Reply 5
I did the question about Wickham.
I thought it was okay, I had been reading over past papers just to think of points I could right and 'Examine the importance of Wickham' had come up. I was lucky, I don't think it made it easier exactly but I knew I had it straight in my head so I could relax a bit.
I messed up the Friar Lawrence question- still a bit confused about what it meant about 'opinion'.
Did anyone do questions from the Best Words anthology?
haricotbean
I thought it was okay, I had been reading over past papers just to think of points I could right and 'Examine the importance of Wickham' had come up. I was lucky, I don't think it made it easier exactly but I knew I had it straight in my head so I could relax a bit.
I messed up the Friar Lawrence question- still a bit confused about what it meant about 'opinion'.

Did you do post or pre 1914?
I did the Friar Lawrence question and basically just said anything about him :s-smilie: I talked about his relationship with Romeo and his role in their death and a bit about his herbs and flowers speech
haricotbean

I did pre-1914 best words. We did a a question on Porphyria's Lover a few days before so I was pleasantly surprised :smile:
Reply 8
Ahhhh! I actually failed!
Well hopefully not, but like what happened was that I accidently kept writing about poetry and literally lost track of time, so I started my of mice and men essay in the last 10 minutes.
Thankfully, before the exam I had taken a generous dose of a energy drink, and so I managed to write 2 pages for that essay question. I did the easiest looking question, which seemed to be the tragedy one, so yeah. I think it wasn't that good though... I didn't really 'go into town' with the explanation and gave mostly my own opinion and it was asked of in the question.
Hopefully I did well on the poetry section, because I spent so long! I think I probably got like... a C in my Of Mice and Men question... and hopefully A/A* quality in poetry, but yeah, the other part could bring me down!
What do you guys think? I am panicking like HELL right now : (
I got A/A* in my coursework, but how much is the coursework worth, and how much is the overall exam worth? Do you think I could get an A overall, even if I only just scrape it?
: ( I feel like cryinggg.
Reply 9
I nearly walked out I was so scared! I did the question about animals, but the poems were an absolute disaster!! I really want an a* so I hope the UMS will change things!

Latest

Trending

Trending