The Student Room Group

don't want to go to my firm

hey! sorry if this is a stupid question- i have looked around for the answer but i can't seem to find it.
basically i've firmed an unconditional offer to do english at surrey, but i'm really having second thoughts. i'm not sure about the uni, and i'm thinking i want to do joint honours with a language- which they don't offer. i'm now thinking about liverpool haha and they have places in clearing.
i know i'm in a contract with surrey, but i was wondering if it would be possible to get them to withdraw my offer. does anyone have experience of that? is it easy to do? or should i just stop whinging and go to the uni i originally picked?
any advice would be welcome! thanks
do it do it do it

I pulled out of cambridge and a host of other top unis that my parents and friends were really shocked about because I knew that the course wasn't right for me. I got a place at Durham in clearing on a combined honours degree and I am so happy here.
Liverpool is an amazing city, full of life, nightlife, culture an dthe uni is really great as well.
Just apply through clearing because i reckon you will serioulsy regret it otherwise. Worst comes to the worst take a gap year, get a job then travel the world learning languages and then reapply at a uni you really want to go to for the perect course

BEST OF LUCK xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 2
elizabethhurricainedemons
i know i'm in a contract with surrey, but i was wondering if it would be possible to get them to withdraw my offer. does anyone have experience of that? is it easy to do? or should i just stop whinging and go to the uni i originally picked?
any advice would be welcome! thanks

Phone them up and ask. Just say you don't want to take the place.
Wenis
I stopped reading at this bit, because the question was inevitably goign to be one of the most retarded pieces of **** I've ever read.

If you don't like your firm, why did you choose it in the first place.

dumbass

It's called insecurity, OP you are allowed to change your mind and no uni is going to force you to go there, do have a really good think before contacting Surrey though because if you changed your mind again....
thanks to everyone who bothered to read and reply! glad to know that it's possible, i will definitely think about it!

Latest

Trending

Trending