The Student Room Group

Wjec As Biology By2! - 8th June

Scroll to see replies

otibarns
no it was actually mitochondria. active transport of potassium ions requires atp from mitochondria. malate theory

I think you may both be thinking of different questions (or maybe I am...) :p:

Wikipedia, if you trust it, says "The guard cells contain chloroplasts, so they can manufacture food by photosynthesis (The epidermal cells do not contain chloroplasts)"

I put mitochondria though, so that's a mark down the drain for me :frown:
Reply 61
People i spoke to said it was either really hard, or really easy! i really want the boundaries to be low!!
Reply 62
Zebra-Zahra
I think you may both be thinking of different questions (or maybe I am...) :p:

Wikipedia, if you trust it, says "The guard cells contain chloroplasts, so they can manufacture food by photosynthesis (The epidermal cells do not contain chloroplasts)"

I put mitochondria though, so that's a mark down the drain for me :frown:

ah well.
what did everyone have for the one when it asked what mode of nutrition for each animals. i first put holozoic feeder for both of them but changed to herbivore carnivore
i put herbivore - horny pad for grinding food
carnivore - canine teeth for ripping and biting food. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
not 100% on that though:smile:
Reply 64
otibarns
ah well.
what did everyone have for the one when it asked what mode of nutrition for each animals. i first put holozoic feeder for both of them but changed to herbivore carnivore

i put herbivore and carnivore too but im sure it said "types" of nutrition so it could have been holozoic and mutualism.
Reply 65
no it said mode. stupid question really. i had diastema for herbivore and carnassial teeth for carnivore
Reply 66
anyone know the grade boundaries for the last couple of papers, could use that to guess what these grade boundaries might be??
Reply 67
they put it out of 120. an A was 95 for BY1 B was 80ish I think. not sure about the rest
i can't find them anywhere, but don't WJEC do weird MIS marks or something? :s-smilie:
Reply 69
BI2 June 2009
Max Mark 70
Mean Mark 36.9
Grade Ranges:-
A 51
B 45
C 40
D 35
E 30

BI2 January 2010
Max Mark 70
Mean Mark 31.0
A 46
B 41
C 36
D 31
E 27
Jan 2010 grade boundaries look pretty low. that mean high boundaries for this one? :s-smilie:
Reply 71
CJ89
BI2 June 2009
Max Mark 70
Mean Mark 36.9
A 51
B 45
C 40
D 35
E 30

BI2 January 2010
Max Mark 70
Mean Mark 31.0
A 46
B 41
C 36
D 31
E 27

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: it sure does look promising! hopefully they wont go above anymore than 52/53 range
Reply 72
BI2 is different specs though surely ?
Did we have to write 'herbivorous' and 'carnivorous', or would 'herbivore' and 'carnivore' be ok? :s-smilie:

My teacher seems to think we had to write the former, but hopefully the latter will be alright? Maybe?
Reply 74
doctormoley
Jan 2010 grade boundaries look pretty low. that mean high boundaries for this one? :s-smilie:

hopefully not it was an ok/easy paper for most, so more people are likely to make mistakes, so the grade boundaries shouldn't increase by that much, plus the essay questions were on the same topic, there most be quite a few people out there whose weak topic was plants and couldn't answer it that well, bringing it down! fingers crossed!
Reply 75
Zebra-Zahra
Did we have to write 'herbivorous' and 'carnivorous', or would 'herbivore' and 'carnivore' be ok? :s-smilie:

My teacher seems to think we had to write the former, but hopefully the latter will be alright? Maybe?

I wrote herbivorous and carnivorous to be sure
SmartFool
hopefully not it was an ok/easy paper for most, so more people are likely to make mistakes, so the grade boundaries shouldn't increase by that much, plus the essay questions were on the same topic, there most be quite a few people out there whose weak topic was plants and couldn't answer it that well, bringing it down! fingers crossed!

Most of my year group, seeing as we only covered plants in the last few lessons before study leave! Apparently, "you only need to know the basics really".... yeah :p:
Reply 77
what did everyone get for the stomatal opening and how light effects it ?
I said about the malate theory
Reply 78
I LOVED IT <3
if I get less than a B, I will cry lol. Although it took me 15 minutes to think of the word 'homologous' because all i had in my mind was Hydrophytes from the first question hahaa.

I did the leaf one for the essay question, 'cause i did a practice one like that last week (same question is a paper a few years ago) but don't think I got everything 'cause I didn't look over the structure of the leaf yesterday :/

Was gutted there was no heart stuff though. I spent a good few hours learning it all at the weekend :| Grrr. I even understand it now haha
Reply 79
dabeztstuff
anyone do the Human Biolgy paper 2?

Yeahh i did, i didnt find it to bad what about you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending