The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I found a quite usefull PDF file on the TSA webpage. CLICK HERE

It basically runs through the different types of questions you could be asked on the test, and the best way to approach each type of question.
Camford
Sometimes I really wonder why I got into cambridge in the first place.

Hm well maybe because you have the ability to get a first while watching so many movies and other tv programs :p:
Reply 22
French Pikachu
Hm well maybe because you have the ability to get a first while watching so many movies and other tv programs :p:

TSA won't show that... I must say Maths and Physics saved my arse this time. Next year, I might not be so lucky.

The new OC is starting on 8th! :eek: It'll be Christmas for me when I get back to cambrige.
Camford
The new OC is starting on 8th! :eek: It'll be Christmas for me when I get back to cambrige.

Yay! will u provide me with the episodes of season 3 ? I'll exhange it for cake if you want :p: but first i gotta catch up on the end of season 1 and every episodes of season 2 apart from the finale (yeah i know i shouldnt have seen the end of season 2 before the rest but it was on tv a day when i was bored :redface: ) and visesh said he could provide me all this.... as well as the famous curry he is gonna cook for me :smile: :wink:
Reply 24
French Pikachu
Yay! will u provide me with the episodes of season 3 ? I'll exhange it for cake if you want :p: but first i gotta catch up on the end of season 1 and every episodes of season 2 apart from the finale (yeah i know i shouldnt have seen the end of season 2 before the rest but it was on tv a day when i was bored :redface: ) and visesh said he could provide me all this.... as well as the famous curry he is gonna cook for me :smile: :wink:

You get them eps (s1 & s2) off me too if you wish. I can dump a disc off in your pigeon hole every week if you want. You'll have to return it after you've watched it, I don't have that many rewritable cds to give away for free... even if I get cake in return.
Reply 25
8th of Oct? Or Sept?
Reply 26
Narcissus
8th of Oct? Or Sept?

Sept I think. www.tv.com is your friend.
Camford
You get them eps (s1 & s2) off me too if you wish. I can dump a disc off in your pigeon hole every week if you want. You'll have to return it after you've watched it, I don't have that many rewritable cds to give away for free... even if I get cake in return.

no prob :p: im actually very good at returning stuff coz i get really pissed when other people dont return my stuff so i make sure not to do the same :smile:
Reply 28
French Pikachu
no prob :p: im actually very good at returning stuff coz i get really pissed when other people dont return my stuff so i make sure not to do the same :smile:

Very well, we'll sort out the detail later.
Camford
Very well, we'll sort out the detail later.

definately :smile:
Reply 30
Camford
Which country's flag is that? (I'm being ignorant here) Doesn't matter. Cambridge overseas/commonwealth trusts always have spare cash to give to the needy.

heh heh. It's not really about the money (though I could use some of it), it's more of the discharge from military liability. For now. :frown:
Reply 31
Camford
Silly... all I had to do was moving the mouse cursor on top of the flag... and I didn't do that. Sometimes I really wonder why I got into cambridge in the first place. Yeah, Cambridge Common Wealth trust will be the one you should be talking to. Hopefully, you should receive something around 4000 pounds a year, from them or/and your college.

Haha. Too much Java and C++ eh Camfo, such simple things continue to elude you. :p:
About NS, you're only allowed to be discharged a few months earlier and anyway you need to wave the Cambridge offer in front of your superiors for a bit before they consider it. Then during your holidays you have to go back and serve the remaining time. And maybe the straits times will publish another "Singaporean goes to Cambridge" article. :P
Reply 33
I waved my offer at the guys in the draft office. In the end however, I wasn't taken because of 'psychological' reasons :rolleyes:
Camford
Sept I think. www.tv.com is your friend.

thanks for link, quite difficult to find. :biggrin:
Reply 35
rubysolstice
About NS, you're only allowed to be discharged a few months earlier and anyway you need to wave the Cambridge offer in front of your superiors for a bit before they consider it. Then during your holidays you have to go back and serve the remaining time. And maybe the straits times will publish another "Singaporean goes to Cambridge" article. :P

Well that sucks. I'd rather serve the whole duration. Who'd want to spend their holidays in an army camp? Yuck.
Reply 36
xyro
I waved my offer at the guys in the draft office. In the end however, I wasn't taken because of 'psychological' reasons :rolleyes:

hmm. could that be you might go mad in the middle of the night and chuck a few grenades into the officer's bunk? Just like that guy in S.Korea.
Reply 37
Maybe. However, the doctors were asking about illnesses and at one point directly wanted to know whether I'd have any mental stuff. The thing is, if you want to BS them, stay very calm and always look into their eyes :wink:
Reply 38
xyro
Maybe. However, the doctors were asking about illnesses and at one point directly wanted to know whether I'd have any mental stuff. The thing is, if you want to BS them, stay very calm and always look into their eyes :wink:

Hmm. If you werely truly mental, how would you know that you're mental? Unless, it's those mental illness that comes on and off spordically. The doctors in my country just made you fill up this questionaire. I doubt they'd follow up on that even if you wrote something naughty (like being a pyromaniac or something). :rolleyes:
yay no NS for me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending