The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I will be at KCL in Sept for English. You'll be interviewing with a different tutor, but hopefully my experience may help. At my interview I was asked several questions in regards to my personal statement. The big topics were: Why teaching? Why King's? Reflect on your previous experience. I was also asked a few subject specific questions, including how I would approach teaching a book/poem/play of my choice. This was where I was sure to refer to the national curriculum, picking a favourite novel of mine on the NC (one that was just added recently). In regards to reflection on previous experience, I was asked to talk about how I would motivate students.

If you know your personal statement and subject/NC and are enthusiastic in your interview, you should be fine. Try and remain calm and confident. Remember, they called you for an interview. You have the marks and background on paper, now you just need to sell you. Be enthusiastic and refer to your experience, sighting example when possible.

Best of luck. Hopefully I'll see you there in the fall.
Reply 2
Thank you for your advice. It's very kind of you to take the time. I'll let you know of the outcome. :smile:
Reply 3
It's my pleasure. I found it very hard to find anyone for advice specifically for King's. I wish you the best and hope to see you there!
Reply 4
Just has my interview- not sure how it went. Keeping my fingers crossed. How long did it take you to hear back from them?
Reply 5
I heard back in about 5 working days, I think. Something close to that anyway. Best of luck.
Reply 6
Thanks...
Reply 7
Hi,
Just to let you know that I have been offered a place on the programme. Thanks for all your help, maybe we'll meet at Kings! :smile:
Reply 8
Congrats! Hope to see you around! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending