The Student Room Group

HELP! Please :)

I have my history exam tomorrow.
And when I try and do a practice essay my mind goes blank I can't remember it all because there's so much of it!

Has anyone got:
1) Tips on structure
2) Remembering statistics etc in short period of time
3) Common mistakes and what to avoid doing.

I've been mega cramming the last few days and I feel as though nothing's gone in :frown:.

Help would really be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply 1
I did History GCSE, now in year 12 so not anymore!
Anyway, to remember dates use words with the same number of letters as the number that relate to the topic.
We did the History of Medicine and Settlement of America (pretty weird topics.. actually.) anyway

I can't remember any so I'll make it up:

Parliamentfirstact health Snow = 1854. Pretending that's the year of the first health act of Parliament and it was passed by John Snow - only bloke's name I can remember from History, I think he was responsible for the sewer system though, anyway I think it's a good technique.

Exam structure - keep the question in mind, always. Don't just spout knowledge - you have to show it's relevant by linking it to the question - use the words they use in the question. Aaaand in History they like you to link the factors so make sure you do that.

Good luck! Gotta go back to revising now. Bye
Reply 2
KAPOWWWY
I did History GCSE, now in year 12 so not anymore!
Anyway, to remember dates use words with the same number of letters as the number that relate to the topic.
We did the History of Medicine and Settlement of America (pretty weird topics.. actually.) anyway

I can't remember any so I'll make it up:

Parliamentfirstact health Snow = 1854. Pretending that's the year of the first health act of Parliament and it was passed by John Snow - only bloke's name I can remember from History, I think he was responsible for the sewer system though, anyway I think it's a good technique.

Exam structure - keep the question in mind, always. Don't just spout knowledge - you have to show it's relevant by linking it to the question - use the words they use in the question. Aaaand in History they like you to link the factors so make sure you do that.

Good luck! Gotta go back to revising now. Bye

Latest