The Student Room Group

TSR Piano Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
JC87
How far can you play on the Third Movement? I can manage all the appegios and the bit where you play the bottom part fastly and the tune is on the top, but the bit sandwich between that is a bumber. (Its the 9th to 12th bar)

here thats brill!!

im not saying i dont like it but does any1 like the 2nd movement?? it would be my last fav. outta the 3 movements.
Reply 61
Can I join?!

Done grade 6- working for grade 7

Fave pieces- hmm, I've got loads!

Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi
Sonata in A major - Mozart
'Moonlight' Sonata - Beethoven
Reply 62
trish xx
my piano teacher was really nice, he was a friend of my dads, so i had my lessons off him, 3/4 hours a week, now ive mpoved so im getting 20 minutes a week form one of the school teachers until i can find a good private teacher:rolleyes:

I like everything, violent ones and flowing ones. :rolleyes:
revolutionary study is a must-try!!!
Reply 63
JC87
How far can you play on the Third Movement? I can manage all the appegios and the bit where you play the bottom part fastly and the tune is on the top, but the bit sandwich between that is a bumber. (Its the 9th to 12th bar)

it's difficult, you mean the six (left hand) against two 4's (right hand)? I sat there working out when right hand should have a note. it was roughly L R L R... but the timing is not precise. :rolleyes:
Reply 64
mikeski
here thats brill!!

im not saying i dont like it but does any1 like the 2nd movement?? it would be my last fav. outta the 3 movements.

yeah I only like the first movement the most. :p:
Reply 65
hey, dont mean 2 b a pain in the arse, but would sum1 rep me? cuz sum idiot neg reped me yesterday, thinking he was a smart arse. so any1 wanna? i'l rep ya back :smile: thanks

anyways, i jus learnt another 8 bars on moonlight!!! yey!! lol :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 66
yeah will do that tomorrow. (maybe I should start a TSR pos rep society)
Reply 67
darkenergy
yeah will do that tomorrow. (maybe I should start a TSR pos rep society)

cheers m8!!! lol yea u should! itd b gr8 crk :smile:
Reply 68
I started a thread like that but it got deleted. :mad:
Reply 69
darkenergy
I started a thread like that but it got deleted. :mad:

lol :smile:
i love the piano, i have been playing since i just turned 5 and got to grade 8 when i was 11. i now teach piano and love it but dunno whether wanna do it as a career but is a good job as am still doing final year of sixth form! love most pieces as play 8 instruments altogether including singing
Reply 71
you play 8 instruments?
Reply 72
I've been playing the piano for 7 years and I'm about grade 8 standard.

Here are some pieces I've been working on recently by my 3 favorite composers :smile:

Beethoven:
Moonlight Sonata
Fur Elise
Appassionata and Hammerklavier Sonatas (mainly in my dreams)

Debussy:
Arabesque no. 1
Claire de Lune
Golliwog's Cake Walk

Chopin:
Nocturne in Eb Major
'Military' Polonaise
Fantaise Impromtu (just started and struggling)

Some Bach but mainly just sight reading because I usually don't like it enough to learn it properly.
Reply 73
wow, great pieces there. I love Chopin :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 74
I'm not too keen on Bach either
Reply 75
sherunsaway
You can play that? I can play the whole tone chords section at the start of it, but after that it just becomes insane and crazy.

lol i wish, i gave up half way through, the piece is insane! and insanely beautiful too. even chopin's ballad and scherzo doesn't that difficult compared to it as at least they are readable.
sexysax
I'm not too keen on Bach either

:eek: Oh why?

Sometimes I do get a bit bored of Bach but there's something familiar about his pieces, especially his French Suites. You know where he's going with it.
Reply 77
will if you had to pick one composer, only 1, who would u pick to be your favourite?

mines would be Beethoven, no question in it!! :smile::smile:
Reply 78
x-Jo-x
:eek: Oh why?

Sometimes I do get a bit bored of Bach but there's something familiar about his pieces, especially his French Suites. You know where he's going with it.

I'm not sure really, I just can't seem to connect with his music. I do like some pieces, I did one for my grade 8 sax, but I wouldn't go out and buy Bach music if that makes sense!

My fave composer would have to be Mozart. I also love Einaudi and Rachmaniov as well
Reply 79
OOH!!! I JOIN! I JOIN!! i am to learn rachmaninov's prelude (?) or sonata, i cannot remember... :biggrin::biggrin: join me!

Quick Reply

Latest