The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haha, so did I :O - I thought the theory was much harder than january..... :frown: I thought the graph and analysis was a bit easier.....i got a multiple choice question at the start wrong (the gimme marks!) apparently i don't know what a phosphodiester bond is aha :frown:
Reply 2
Do you remember what you got for the 3 mark calculation qs towards the end? it was about the drug study.
Reply 3
Any one got the paper!
Reply 4
I got i think 560. It was an awkward paper!
Reply 5
I got 310 people for that..

I worked out the % of people who died from CVD from Placebo and the test group.. It was 10,000 in each. So a nice number to work with.. And then you take away the Placebo with the Test group and should give you the answer...

But I made some notes on it last night so I can discuss few stuff..

Basically, no Protein Synthesis stuff, Sugars and very little on the heart. More on Graphs (which were alot easier than last time) and Diffusion (gift of a question)...

What did everyone think on the Mucus and the Lung infection question?? There was like a 5 marker, and a 2-3 marker question on this! I found this one ridiculously easy.

Also, the first Box question! That was actually hard if you didn't get what it was saying....

And also, the heart question.. I wrote Ventricular systole which was wrong :facepalm: Was actually infact Atrial Systole :sadnod:

But discuss please!
Reply 6
Pst The Paper
mivida
Do you remember what you got for the 3 mark calculation qs towards the end? it was about the drug study.

didnt have to worry about it at the exam. Saw there was a last page when handing over my paper.
mivida

didnt have to worry about it at the exam. Saw there was a last page when handing over my paper.
Reply 9
What was the first big box question again?
Pedus
I got 310 people for that..

I worked out the % of people who died from CVD from Placebo and the test group.. It was 10,000 in each. So a nice number to work with.. And then you take away the Placebo with the Test group and should give you the answer...

But I made some notes on it last night so I can discuss few stuff..

Basically, no Protein Synthesis stuff, Sugars and very little on the heart. More on Graphs (which were alot easier than last time) and Diffusion (gift of a question)...

What did everyone think on the Mucus and the Lung infection question?? There was like a 5 marker, and a 2-3 marker question on this! I found this one ridiculously easy.

Also, the first Box question! That was actually hard if you didn't get what it was saying....

And also, the heart question.. I wrote Ventricular systole which was wrong :facepalm: Was actually infact Atrial Systole :sadnod:

But discuss please!

What was this Box question??
Reply 11
can any one remember the question about the mucus and respiratory system questions.?
Reply 12
i can remember P bacteria and S bacteria ...
One rising and levels off...
one lowering as someone grows in age!
Reply 13
Are u referring to the question on the CFTR??
Reply 14
wht did u guys write for the weird question about the proteins joining together and why do we measuer the initial rate in the enzyme question
I guess it was How does mutation of the CF gene lead to thick sticky mucus in the respiratory track??
Reply 16
Resat this and throught it was pretty straight forward for the most part; the first two or three questions I managed to whizz through pretty fast but the graphs slowed me down lol.
Reply 17
what did ppl put what r the two factors to keep constant or something like that
Reply 18
IT would be heard to know when the reaction finishes so... we an initial rate would be more accurate to record
Reply 19
PH and temperature .... monitor them using a thermometer and PH meter !

Latest

Trending

Trending