The Student Room Group

hi :) confused about nursing!!

hiya,
i applied for adult nursing at UWE and had an interview which i thought went really well, but found out last night that i didn't get a place :frown:
now i feel totally lost and do not know what to do.
if anyone has any advice on what to do and whether to re-apply on UCAS Extra, or try and get a job as a health care assistant or in that field, and re-apply next year.
thank you
abbie :smile:
Reply 1
I think there may be a lot of unis rejecting candidates who would normally get in - certainly mine has this year, probably because of the uncertainty about funding in the future due to going all degree. I think this has possibly meant a lot of people who have been thinking about it for years are finally going for it. If you can afford to go for the degree then I'd apply for next year and for now try to get work as an HCA or social carer to show that you're committed (or even change your mind if you've never done it before and save you the training for something you really do like). Very few people on my course hadn't done care work for a year or several first. If you can get an NVQ while you're there even better!
Good luck!
Becky

Latest