The Student Room Group

Not turning up to an exam (resit)

I would just like to know what would happen if I don't come in to an exam to resit. Will my paper still get marked or would it be like I was never going to take it?

I suspect the exam officer will call me when the time comes so I will ignore the call if she does so.

You guys might think, why don't you just go there and do it. Well I did the exam in January and did average. However I spent more of my time revising for that exam than 2 of my other subjects (4 exams) and got a lower grade. So it's unlikely I will do better.

And you might think why didn't I cancel my entry? I tried to but my subject teacher wouldn't allow it.
Reply 1
You payed for it. It doesn't matter if you don't turn up. If there is no paper with your name on it, they won't mark it. They'll just recycle it. I think you're stupid for not going regardless of what you say, but hey-ho, that's just me.

Why would they bother ringing you up when the exam starts? Surely if they ring your house they know you're at home and not coming in...
just go...if you get lower mark then still the highest mark will go through.
and if you dont go...it just depends how bothered your school is. you will just be put absent for the exam
Reply 3
userna-me*
I would just like to know what would happen if I don't come in to an exam to resit. Will my paper still get marked or would it be like I was never going to take it?

I suspect the exam officer will call me when the time comes so I will ignore the call if she does so.

You guys might think, why don't you just go there and do it. Well I did the exam in January and did average. However I spent more of my time revising for that exam than 2 of my other subjects (4 exams) and got a lower grade. So it's unlikely I will do better.

And you might think why didn't I cancel my entry? I tried to but my subject teacher wouldn't allow it.

You'll get a U in it but keep the mark you got last time.

I'd just go and sit it anyway seeing as you/your school/your parents has already paid for it, what's te worst that could happen? :smile:
I missed my history resit, got 3 phone calls and a U, I was also awarded the mark I got first time around.
Just go and try your luck... you always get the best mark anyway
I don't see why people don't bother with turning up.

You COULD increase your grade, you would be pissed if the resit turned out to be a much easier paper.
Reply 7
You'll hold up the other exam sitters by like 5 minutes, pretty selfish if you don't let the school know before imo.
Reply 8
My school do a general studies exam which we do not have lessons for and therefore anything to revise. The exam board they have chosen is redicuoulsly hard and as I got an E last year I have to re sit the AS, so I am considering not turning up for this as I would rather spend my time revising for my proper subjects. The only problem is if I end up with ABB and have an E in general will employers be weary of this?

Does anyone know what happens if I don't sit, will they just keep my result from last year?

Quick Reply

Latest