The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't started revising either. All I have done is read through the topics, starting to getting a little worried now. However, I am only resitting to try and get a better grade.
I think the judiciary will come up as an essay rather than an essay on the constitution. I'm not sure about anything else though. :/
Reply 2
withintemptation
I haven't started revising either. All I have done is read through the topics, starting to getting a little worried now. However, I am only resitting to try and get a better grade.
I think the judiciary will come up as an essay rather than an essay on the constitution. I'm not sure about anything else though. :/

really? loads of people have told me theyre not even revising judiciary/havent learnt it! its one of the shorter ones though so should be easier to learn maybee!
mysterious1
really? loads of people have told me theyre not even revising judiciary/havent learnt it! its one of the shorter ones though so should be easier to learn maybee!

not learning it! that's really bad. if they are going to do the constitution topic then you will most definitely get a question on it, even if its just an a or b question and not the essay.
I'm going to answer the judiciary/constitution question and the parliament question.
I'm not bothering with the core executive or multi level government, which are you revising?
withintemptation
not learning it! that's really bad. if they are going to do the constitution topic then you will most definitely get a question on it, even if its just an a or b question and not the essay.
I'm going to answer the judiciary/constitution question and the parliament question.
I'm not bothering with the core executive or multi level government, which are you revising?[/QUOTE]
Which exam board are you doing? On the OCR paper, the executive/legislature will definitely be on the paper, so you should revise that stuff.
Reply 5
withintemptation
I'm not bothering with the core executive or multi level government, which are you revising?

i know! and i think judiciary is a lot simpler too! i think i may miss out parliament simply because i find it hardest and i have a feeling the executive question will be "is the prime minister effectively a president" which isnt that difficult! So i think i'll learn (not.. not revise LEARN haha) judiciary/consitution and executive (or maybe do the same as you and miss out executive ahhhhhhhhh i dont know il see tomorrow when i get cracking! do we have a choice? i think theres a choice between 2 stimulus and 2 essays, right?
Reply 6
[QUOTE="(:Becca(:"]
withintemptation
I'm not bothering with the core executive or multi level government, which are you revising?[/QUOTE]
Which exam board are you doing? On the OCR paper, the executive/legislature will definitely be on the paper, so you should revise that stuff.

Im doing edexcel what are you doing?
Reply 7
My teacher predicted that Civil liberties in Judiciary will come up, the role of ministers in the Prime minister section, the powers of parliament for the Parliament and Sovereignty for the constitution.
-But this is just for edexcel so don't take my word for it :smile:
[QUOTE="mysterious1"]
(:Becca(:

Im doing edexcel what are you doing?

Ah, we do OCR at my school.
(:Becca(:

I'm doing AQA.
And we have a choice, so i can miss out two topics.
mysterious1
i know! and i think judiciary is a lot simpler too! i think i may miss out parliament simply because i find it hardest and i have a feeling the executive question will be "is the prime minister effectively a president" which isnt that difficult! So i think i'll learn (not.. not revise LEARN haha) judiciary/consitution and executive (or maybe do the same as you and miss out executive ahhhhhhhhh i dont know il see tomorrow when i get cracking! do we have a choice? i think theres a choice between 2 stimulus and 2 essays, right?

oooh I'm not sure.
I had no idea there was a politics exam in OCR/AQA/Edexcel all on the same day.
In mine we have four topics which we have covered; Constitution/Judiciary, Parliament, Core Executive and Multi-Level Government.
There is a set of three questions on each of these topics in the paper, but we only choose two of the topics.
Reply 11
twitch27
My teacher predicted that Civil liberties in Judiciary will come up, the role of ministers in the Prime minister section, the powers of parliament for the Parliament and Sovereignty for the constitution.
-But this is just for edexcel so don't take my word for it :smile:

ahh thank you :smile: now, is she usually right about predictions? haha have you revised all topics?
Reply 12
mysterious1
ahh thank you :smile: now, is she usually right about predictions? haha have you revised all topics?

Yeah all my teachers are great at predicting these things, they all mark papers and my politics teacher used to be a barrister- not that makes a difference to how effective he is at predicting :biggrin:
and yeah we've revised all the topics but personally I don't like the core executive so I'm not going to revise that one and focus on the other three :smile:
withintemptation
oooh I'm not sure.
I had no idea there was a politics exam in OCR/AQA/Edexcel all on the same day.
In mine we have four topics which we have covered; Constitution/Judiciary, Parliament, Core Executive and Multi-Level Government.
There is a set of three questions on each of these topics in the paper, but we only choose two of the topics.

We did constitution, the EU, the judiciary, and the executive/legislature/civil service. The executive/legislature/civil service question is guaranteed on our paper.
Reply 14
twitch27
Yeah all my teachers are great at predicting these things, they all mark papers and my politics teacher used to be a barrister- not that makes a difference to how effective he is at predicting :biggrin:
and yeah we've revised all the topics but personally I don't like the core executive so I'm not going to revise that one and focus on the other three :smile:

what section is the core executive in???
and do you know what is likely to come up as a stimulus/essay question
andddd the ministers question in the PM section would it just be "what are the roles of ministers in the HOL?" or whatever??
sorry my teacher is a complete retard so i think i may be screwed! haha sorry if these q are annoying :smile:
Reply 15
does anyone know what will come up in AQA government and politics??? we only have answer 2 question out of 4. Our college will be answering the core executive and parliament question???
Reply 16
mysterious1
what section is the core executive in???
and do you know what is likely to come up as a stimulus/essay question
andddd the ministers question in the PM section would it just be "what are the roles of ministers in the HOL?" or whatever??
sorry my teacher is a complete retard so i think i may be screwed! haha sorry if these q are annoying :smile:

Haha it's fine! I'm happy to help :smile:
Well it's split into four components which is the Judiciary, Parliament, Prime minister (Core-executive) and the constitution.
Our teacher gave us a mock which he believed would be the questions that could come up, the two stimulus questions were:
Judiciary- Civil Liberties
Prime Minister- The resignation of ministers/the styles of the prime minister and how this effects power.
The two essay questions were:
Constitution- UK sovereignty
Parliament- How relevant/irrelevant is parliament.
I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 17
twitch27
Haha it's fine! I'm happy to help :smile:
Well it's split into four components which is the Judiciary, Parliament, Prime minister (Core-executive) and the constitution.
Our teacher gave us a mock which he believed would be the questions that could come up, the two stimulus questions were:
Judiciary- Civil Liberties
Prime Minister- The resignation of ministers/the styles of the prime minister and how this effects power.
The two essay questions were:
Constitution- UK sovereignty
Parliament- How relevant/irrelevant is parliament.
I hope this helps :smile:

ohhh dear better write some notes then!!
would the uk sovereignty question for constition be "to what extent is parliament soverign?"
yes thank you so so so so so much :biggrin:
Reply 18
mysterious1
ohhh dear better write some notes then!!
would the uk sovereignty question for constition be "to what extent is parliament soverign?"
yes thank you so so so so so much :biggrin:

Yeah, but they might word it different like 'To what extent does parliament still have supreme legal authority in the UK'
But it means the same thing :smile:
My revision starts today from 8:30 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending