The Student Room Group

Mature student personal statement

Hello, I'm planning to apply for University courses as a mature student and was wondering if anyone had any advice about the personal statement?

Story so far up 'til last year: at the usual age, I did A-levels, then started a Computer Science degree and dropped out after the second year, then spent a few years working in IT & software mostly for the same company.

Then about a year ago I realised there was no way I was interested in doing this sort of work for the rest of my life and signed up at a local college to study some A-levels (different to what I did first time round). Now I study part time and work part time.

I'm going to apply for Biomedical Science courses at the next UCAS round, but I'm quite stuck on how to present myself in the personal statement, given that I've previously dropped out of uni and don't yet have any useful work experience in the field I'm interested in.

Just wondering if anyone here had a similar situation and how they explained it on their personal statement ...

Latest

Trending

Trending