The Student Room Group

OCR FP2 27th May

Scroll to see replies

That was terrible, looking at the answers. I did terrible. :frown: Well, atleast I have 2 years at college to resit :p:
Reply 41
Jammy22
Has anyone got a copy of the paper/questions to view?

Bump!
Reply 42
hopefully I will do really well in S3 then the 93% i got in D2 can bump up the FP2 mark
Reply 43
Mr M
OCR (not OCR MEI) FP2 Answers May 2010

1. Inverse tan
p = 5/4 (4 marks)

2. Maclaurin series
a = 1/3 and n = 9 (6 marks)

3. Half tangent substitution
Show ... (6 marks)

4. Graph of a rational function
(i) a = -2, b = 6, c = 1 (3 marks)
(ii) Sketch graph (see disco's earlier post)
Asymptote x =-1
(3, 0) (0, sqrt 6) (0, - sqrt 6) (4 marks)

5. Reduction integral
(i) Prove reduction formula (4 marks)
(ii) 48e7948 \sqrt{e} - 79 (4 marks)

6. Differential equation
(i) Show ... (2 marks)
(ii) Show ... (5 marks)

7. Numerical methods
(i) 5.24 (2 marks)
(ii) Staircase diagram (3 marks)
(iii) Show rewritten as and alpha = 1.31 (4 marks)
(iv) Stationary point so tangent is parallel to x axis (2 marks)

8. Cosh x
(i) Show ... (4 marks)
(ii) 5132+(513)210\frac{5^{\frac{1}{3}}}{2} + \frac{(5^{\frac{1}{3}})^2}{10} (6 marks)

9. Polar
(i) Areas = 9 and 3 (4 marks)
(ii) Show polar (5 marks)
(iii) Deduce = 24 (4 marks)

OMG!!!!!
This has made me so happy!!!!! I got many more answers right than i thought!:biggrin: ...........also you know for the last part, my answer was sumthing like (5^1/3 + 5^-1/3)/2.....do u think its a possible rearrangement? i dont exactly understand how you got your answer.....
Thanx!
shreedipta
OMG!!!!!
This has made me so happy!!!!! I got many more answers right than i thought!:biggrin: ...........also you know for the last part, my answer was sumthing like (5^1/3 + 5^-1/3)/2.....do u think its a possible rearrangement? i dont exactly understand how you got your answer.....
Thanx!

Yes that is the same. You probably should have written 5^(-1/3) as 1/5^(1/3) as you were getting it in terms of 5^(1/3).
How did you show part 9. ii) and iii) ?
Thanks
Reply 46
that paper was a humdingeringly tough
Mr M
Yes that is the same. You probably should have written 5^(-1/3) as 1/5^(1/3) as you were getting it in terms of 5^(1/3).

Around how many marks do you reckon I would need for 50 UMS or so? Thanks :smile:
Mr M

What exactly did we have to do for 7 part ii) ?
Reply 49
Is everyone agreed that this is a definite 49 for an A 43 for a B paper? Maybe even less? That would give me some dirty confidence.
thebigspin
Is everyone agreed that this is a definite 49 for an A 43 for a B paper? Maybe even less? That would give me some dirty confidence.

Yer i would like to know this as well... if it's 49 - 52 ish for an A i actually have a chance of getting 90ums...
Reply 51
sasjegbruv123
Yer i would like to know this as well... if it's 49 - 52 ish for an A i actually have a chance of getting 90ums...

You need your A* in further maths as well? Looking at it I don't see how the grade boundaries could be above 49 as this was easily the dirtiest paper they've set and it's been that low 3 times before, and it's never been higher than 53 anyway so guaranteed 53 for an A cause that was I'ma throw up disgusting. How did M3 go for you?
thebigspin
You need your A* in further maths as well? Looking at it I don't see how the grade boundaries could be above 49 as this was easily the dirtiest paper they've set and it's been that low 3 times before, and it's never been higher than 53 anyway so guaranteed 53 for an A cause that was I'ma throw up disgusting. How did M3 go for you?

It wasn't great lol Didn't do the very last part of the last question, and question with the force on P and t between 0and 12 and t greater than 12. That question really screwed me over... i spent ages thinking why am i getting 1.96 and -1.96, i didn't realise we were suppose to integrate the other force as well and then put t=0 into that. So i reckon i lost about 11 - 14 marks...

How did it go for you?
Reply 53
sasjegbruv123
It wasn't great lol Didn't do the very last part of the last question, and question with the force on P and t between 0and 12 and t greater than 12. That question really screwed me over... i spent ages thinking why am i getting 1.96 and -1.96, i didn't realise we were suppose to integrate the other force as well and then put t=0 into that. So i reckon i lost about 11 - 14 marks...

How did it go for you?

I did the last part but got it completely wrong, hoping for one method mark, I'm worrying cause I think I got 1.92 for that integration one for some reason, I did all the right maths for the acceleration but got the wrong answer so probably lose 2 marks there aaaand I think I slightly messed up on the distance traveled by P2 question so I think I'm looking at 64-66?
thebigspin
I did the last part but got it completely wrong, hoping for one method mark, I'm worrying cause I think I got 1.92 for that integration one for some reason, I did all the right maths for the acceleration but got the wrong answer so probably lose 2 marks there aaaand I think I slightly messed up on the distance traveled by P2 question so I think I'm looking at 64-66?

what do you reckon A grade boundary will be?
Reply 55
sasjegbruv123
what do you reckon A grade boundary will be?

You'd agree it was harder than average? Average is 55 so I'd say 53 with an A* boundary of 61?
thebigspin
You'd agree it was harder than average? Average is 55 so I'd say 53 with an A* boundary of 61?

sounds reasonable. need 170 between fp2 and m3 for my A*. Can't believe i'm actually in the situation to have to worry about this now, should have been a fairly easy A* to be honest
Reply 57
sasjegbruv123
sounds reasonable. need 170 between fp2 and m3 for my A*. Can't believe i'm actually in the situation to have to worry about this now, should have been a fairly easy A* to be honest

That is so weird, I am in exactly the same position, need the same UMS and everything! Need it for engineering at Cambridge. Did you get 100 in S2 and feck up M2 as well? Or maybe the other way round?
thebigspin
That is so weird, I am in exactly the same position, need the same UMS and everything! Need it for engineering at Cambridge. Did you get 100 in S2 and feck up M2 as well? Or maybe the other way round?

Lol yep same as you, got 100 in s2 and 80 in m2 :o:
Reply 59
sasjegbruv123
Lol yep same as you, got 100 in s2 and 80 in m2 :o:

So weird, except I got 76 in M2, you beat me! Retaking it this Friday though, you? How you feeling bout S3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending