The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey.. im doing information systems, which i think u do some of the same things? btw im female as well !
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
i think some of the first year things are the same. kool where not a complete minority!
Reply 22
im going to be doing computing for business :smile: anyone else doing that?
Well i want to do computing for business with my informatics thing you can be general then pick what you want and they said i would have no problem with that as the comp for bus/ informatics are the same in the first year so no doubt i will see you in the lectures/ freshers week where we have "exercises" apparently to help us. Hope they are not going to work me too hard my brain won't cope !
Reply 24
Im scared that ill get there and have a complete memory lapse n b like wots everyone talking about :'(. I'm worried that i wont get any of it but apparently parts of my old course will be the same as some of the first year still anyway,
im rambling sorry...
Tis ok.. ramble and waffle is what got me to uni :biggrin:
Reply 26
lol i can really waffle, im just starting to freek out about everthing i cant wait to move out but im starting to think what if i dont like it what if i cant afford stuff.... im very much in arghhhhh mode!
Yes.. its very much daunting :smile: But you just have to stick at it.. why don't you enquire about part time jobs now? Thats what i have done, got an interview tomorrow at superdrug :smile: Its something to give me a bit more money. Also you get in before the freshers rush to get jobs.
Reply 28
i got one at morrisons it not bad 5.05 an hour it just the tabard i dont like
I'm fretting a bit about the old memory lapse thing too. Its been over a year since I used a PC outside of...well...doing useless things :p:

Hopefully they'll ease us in, it does say no prior knowledge of computing needed in the course description.
Reply 30
im glad about that one lol...
First year is meant to be easier than a levels.. i hope so anyways. First few weeks will be nice and easy. As its such a life changing experience! They can't throw us in the deep end. The tutors seemed really nice when i went anyway..
Reply 32
I hope so, maybe throwing me in at the deepend would knock me out of the freeking out, still excited though
Im doing the Informatics course, which, i have been told, is part of the school of computing!

Why can't they do all the team challenges and photos etc AFTER freshers week, not during!!!
Well cause they want your pictures to be of you hungover thats why!!

Latest