The Student Room Group

Anyone do the AQA Core 2 maths exam on Mon 24th May?

How did you guys find it?
Much easier than the Jan 10 paper don't you think?
Oh and I seriously didnt get the last question on the paper about logs :/ Plus it was 4 marks as well :frown: :frown:
And what did u get for that limit's question? L equals to 10 right?
Reply 1
Hey, check this forum out :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25417021
Especially my POSTS #s 301-303, on page 16!
Reply 2
yeah i did, found it way easier than core 1 in jan, but maybe cuz i revised more?? i dunno :P
Reply 3
Nkhan
Oh and I seriously didnt get the last question on the paper about logs :/ Plus it was 4 marks as well :frown: :frown:

Personally I am trying to supress the memory of Core 2!:rolleyes: I haven't seen the Jan paper so can't compare but I found it harder than say the jan/jun 2009 ones (might be because I was tired and frustrated having already had 4 hours of exams that day :P )
I did get 10 for the L though :biggrin:
Oh and as far as I can recall...I couldn't do the logs either! Only part of it so perhaps 1 or 2 method marks? Meh.
Just mechanics to go now... :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Andrii
Personally I am trying to supress the memory of Core 2!:rolleyes: I haven't seen the Jan paper so can't compare but I found it harder than say the jan/jun 2009 ones (might be because I was tired and frustrated having already had 4 hours of exams that day :P )
I did get 10 for the L though :biggrin:
Oh and as far as I can recall...I couldn't do the logs either! Only part of it so perhaps 1 or 2 method marks? Meh.
Just mechanics to go now... :s-smilie:

Waheyyy! 1 mark garanteed now for that limits question LOLLL! I joke =P
Good luck with mechanics..haha thats sounds hard! I'm doing decision maths! xD
Reply 5
Nkhan
Waheyyy! 1 mark garanteed now for that limits question LOLLL! I joke =P
Good luck with mechanics..haha thats sounds hard! I'm doing decision maths! xD

:woo: LOL yes!! :woo:

Lets hope there are a few more where that came from :p:

Thank you, it's awful! I understand most of it but there are a few topics which even after a year I can't get my head around...2 weeks left to change that:eek3:

Ohhh LUCKY!! Decisions is amazing :o:
Good luck to you as well with any exams you've got left!
Reply 6
omg
just kill me
i HATE waiting for things and after doin the maths, it gonna kill me waiting for the results :frown:
it was much easier than jan 2010! oh and i did answer the last question by luck, i can't exactly remember what i did but i just remember putting logs on both sides and dividing the logs and it came out as the show that answer but in decimal place, i couldn't get it in fraction form. i'm now worried about decision 1!
Reply 8
Fluffy Chuckie
it was much easier than jan 2010! oh and i did answer the last question by luck, i can't exactly remember what i did but i just remember putting logs on both sides and dividing the logs and it came out as the show that answer but in decimal place, i couldn't get it in fraction form. i'm now worried about decision 1!

Wow, at least u attempted to answer the logs question! And you're bound to get the marks for that question too! xD
And don't be worried about decision, you'll be fine! Revise all those algorthims and then practise all those past paper questions :biggrin:
Ohh, and im looking for the Jan 2010 D1 past paper and mark scheme?
Does anyone have it? x
Nkhan
Wow, at least u attempted to answer the logs question! And you're bound to get the marks for that question too! xD
And don't be worried about decision, you'll be fine! Revise all those algorthims and then practise all those past paper questions :biggrin:
Ohh, and im looking for the Jan 2010 D1 past paper and mark scheme?
Does anyone have it? x

I find decision hard compared to everyone else in my class and we did our first test on it yesterday the jan 2010 and i scraped an E! whats dragging me down is chapter 8 and chapter 9. My teacher said to look on the aqa site for it you might find it.
Reply 10
Fluffy Chuckie
I find decision hard compared to everyone else in my class and we did our first test on it yesterday the jan 2010 and i scraped an E! whats dragging me down is chapter 8 and chapter 9. My teacher said to look on the aqa site for it you might find it.

Oh crap, well just work on the linear prog shizz and hopefully u'll turn out with a decent grade (A) haha xD
And nope, just checked, the paper isnt on the aqa website :frown: x
Reply 11
Nkhan

I didnt undersand the last question either. I took logs of both sides but it didnt seem to get easier, and I just gave up.
Well I got L= 10 so hopefully its right :smile:
anyone got the mark scheme for this???

Quick Reply

Latest