The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd go for freezing. Might even feel nice, I don't know (NOT THAT I WANT ANYONE TO DO IT TO ME :frown: )
Freezing definitely, like everyone else has said, less painful, go numb etc. Being boiled would be revolting.
I've been plunged into icy water before, you go numb extremely quickly then you feel warm.
Reply 23
*cringe*
Freezing cold water reminds of the scenes from Titanic
Wasn't there somebody in Saw who was killed by freezing water? Looked painful enough to me. In theory, hot water would be over quicker but if it actually came to it I would chicken and go for freezing. Only if I got to keep my clothes on though, hypothermia is better than frostbite.
Wow, I'm the only person to have voted boiling hot so far.
Freezing water, you'd go numb and loose consciousness.

In boiling water you'd be writhing around in agony for a while before you eventually died.
Andylol
I think that's a lot more painful...

Well I was thinking of jumping and like dying immediately so that I don't feel anything. :p:
If you are in boiling water, you can feel it burning you :s-smilie: and if you are in cold water, it becomes difficult to break and it's just too long.
Freezing cold for sure...you will eventually just drift on into unconsciousness and die of hypothermia where as with boiling water you will be fully concscious right till the end. :eek3:
Andylol
I think that's a lot more painful...

GOSH! Your spoiler just made me fall off my chair and now my heart is beating at like 300bpm lool.
You were right, I shouldn't have clicked it.
Reply 30
Boiling because I ******* love pain, gives me a rush.
Reply 31
God Help Me
Neither! It's too painful.
I'd vote for 'jump from a cliff'.

theres no harrow on the hill, maybe get hit by a fast train instead? XD

Id go for cold, numbness or something like that... but i heard its like being pierced by a thousand needles from those argentinian sailors of the battle ship Belgrano that was sunk by a British Sub...
Water at 0 degrees would be a lot less painful than water at 100 degrees, the sea regularly gets below freezing point (but doesn't freeze because of currents, waves, solutes like salt)

However, a liquid with a really low melting point like alcohol at about -20 would be a horrible way to die. I heard a story about a guy who left a bottle of vodka in a freezer, drank it (still liquid at -15) and died from cold burns. Not pleasant.
Freezing. At least my body would be in good condition for the funeral.
PowerLewis
Jumping from a cliff...into extremely cold water, or hot water? :p:

LOOL noooo!! Now You gave me a new thing to think about....I think i'll choose cold water I guess. I don't want to feel my skin melt away and my blood boiling in boiling water....it's disgusting. What you would choose??:smile:
paddyman4
Freezing water? You mean ice?

No but freezing, yeah. You couldn't find water as far below freezing as you could find water far above freezing, and so the hot would would burn you senseless whilst the cold water wouldn't be cold enough. So there would be less sharp pain, plus the numbing effects of the cold would dull any pain, and your body wouldn't be a disgusting site for your family to bury.

Additionally, there would be a chance of being resurrected in the disant future.

Yes because absolute zero = 0 Kelvin = -273.15 C, and boiling can be infinite.
Tut.exe
theres no harrow on the hill, maybe get hit by a fast train instead? XD

Id go for cold, numbness or something like that... but i heard its like being pierced by a thousand needles from those argentinian sailors of the battle ship Belgrano that was sunk by a British Sub...

Fast train? Bad Idea--- I can't bare watching the train coming.
Yupp I heard that needles thing too. But in hot water, it's just too horrible. I mean I cry when I burn myself in the shower :biggrin:
Boiling water is like in hell. You go as a human and come out as a skeleton because all your flesh has melted away....GROSS!
Reply 37
Boiling.
Reply 38
Freezing is less painful but boiling would be over much more quickly... freezing? There's a chance you might survive and get rescued, boiling you're pretty much screwed.
Both? I suppose if they mixed they might nullify each other...

Latest