The Student Room Group

How demanding is Economics AS Level?

I do English Lit, Politics and Psychology atm and am going to continue this to A2. I want to study Politics at university and am going to pick up an extra AS level next year but I don't know if I should choose Economics or something lighter like RE? Obviously Economics is more related to politics but I'm not sure if it'll be too much of a heavy workload? Help!
i find economics AS extremely hard :s-smilie: but its a good subject, you just need to have brilliant exam technique and good understanding of concepts.

im retaking the first unit tommorow i got a u in it the first time around...

universities like it though so if you think you can do good in it go for it.. my teacher isnt very good btw so that is probably an attributing factor to me failure in it :P
Reply 2
chloeee!
I do English Lit, Politics and Psychology atm and am going to continue this to A2. I want to study Politics at university and am going to pick up an extra AS level next year but I don't know if I should choose Economics or something lighter like RE? Obviously Economics is more related to politics but I'm not sure if it'll be too much of a heavy workload? Help!

A really demanding subject, however you've taken Psychology, which is similar as both Economics and psychology involve lots of essays, but it is worth it and easy to master I think when I took it two years ago, it was hard for me as I took Biology, Chemistry and maths with it but you have english, psychology and politics which seem more related to it.

Latest