The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Stratos
Btw results are only 1 thing it doesn't guarantee at all whether you will be accepted or not. After the results you are elligible to the interview where it is you vs 5/10 people.
hence why i asked "is there even a chance".

if i do get in imperial, and i find out who u are. i'll confront up to u and see if u still talk ****, ok? because ur a faggot e-gangster
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Imperial do ask for A in every (normal) maths module without resit for engineering. However, this never used to be the case for comp sci.
Can't you just ask one of their admissions people?
Reply 22
I have friends on other courses coming for help in their maths daily. They all got the top grades in maths overall - most A's in most modules.

If maths really isn't your strongest point (as it would seem - A's in M1 and S1 should have been easily achievable for someone at Imperial) then you may struggle. Just to warn you.

That's not to say don't apply if it's where you want to come. It is an amazing place, after all...
Have you considered doing something like an apprenticeship in hairdressing? I think you should. :yep:
Reply 24
It's just that I can't take you serious, seeing as you're named suckmybullz.
Stratos

:teehee:
Reply 26
Elynnor1811
:teehee:

The girl in your sig is Iranian :biggrin: just saying.

OP erm yeah go for it.
Reply 27
olive*
The girl in your sig is Iranian :biggrin: just saying.
she would also get facef*cked
Reply 28
Stratos
LOL fair point. my other account was banned for 3 weeks, my bad
Reply 29
Chocothunder
Only A*A*A?! No chance. Why even bother? Maybe something along the lines of 'Foundation Mathematical Studies in Business' at Plymouth would be more at your level...?

Inb4 "what do you have against Plymouth?! Its a good university, all universities are equal, reputation does not matter! etc etc"
Reply 30
aKarma
Imperial do ask for A in every (normal) maths module without resit for engineering. However, this never used to be the case for comp sci.
Can't you just ask one of their admissions people?

mine didnt ask for that...:s-smilie:
Reply 31
tkwan196
mine didnt ask for that...:s-smilie:

Neither did mine. The As in every module for engineering have been replaced by the need to get an A* in Maths.

If you did Maths A-Level before this year though, you would need an A in every module I think.
Chocothunder
Only A*A*A?! No chance. Why even bother? Maybe something along the lines of 'Foundation Mathematical Studies in Business' at Plymouth would be more at your level...?

Sarcasm doesn't come out well in txt..:wink:
Reply 33
cyborg
Neither did mine. The As in every module for engineering have been replaced by the need to get an A* in Maths.

If you did Maths A-Level before this year though, you would need an A in every module I think.

It used to be A in every maths module for engineering and A in every maths and further maths module for maths. Guess I'm behind the times though, what with the whole A* stuff now.
Reply 34
Well I applied this year (im a gap year student) and this is what I got in my maths modules

C1 - A
C2 - A
C3 - C first time, A second time
C4 - U first time, C second time
M1 - C first time, A second time
M2 - D first time, C second
M3 - U (still one of the higher marks in the class)
S1 - A
S2 - B (most frustrating)
D1 - C first time (oh dear), B second time (oh dear oh dear)
FP1 - E first time, A second time
FP2 - D

so out of my 12 maths modules I got 5 As! Not to good I must admit. But I am doing an extra maths course this year (which I did mention to admissions).

I only applied to Imperial for the hell of it. I thought I had a better chance with Oxford. I recall looking on the website last September thinking I was I'd just apply, doubting I would be successful because of the Maths. Oxford rejected me, Imperial accepted me, so I decided to come to imperial.

I got
A in maths
A in physics
A in computing
A in dt systems and control
C in further maths

I'm doing Information Systems Engineering. Maybe it wasn't very popular?

Prof
Reply 35
thomas49th
Well I applied this year (im a gap year student) and this is what I got in my maths modules

C1 - A
C2 - A
C3 - C first time, A second time
C4 - U first time, C second time
M1 - C first time, A second time
M2 - D first time, C second
M3 - U (still one of the higher marks in the class)
S1 - A
S2 - B (most frustrating)
D1 - C first time (oh dear), B second time (oh dear oh dear)
FP1 - E first time, A second time
FP2 - D

so out of my 12 maths modules I got 5 As! Not to good I must admit. But I am doing an extra maths course this year (which I did mention to admissions).

I only applied to Imperial for the hell of it. I thought I had a better chance with Oxford. I recall looking on the website last September thinking I was I'd just apply, doubting I would be successful because of the Maths. Oxford rejected me, Imperial accepted me, so I decided to come to imperial.

I got
A in maths
A in physics
A in computing
A in dt systems and control
C in further maths

I'm doing Information Systems Engineering. Maybe it wasn't very popular?

Prof

It's a decent course from what I've heard, no matter how you got it 4A and a C is an impressive score which raises Imperials entry standards so they might have taken you just for that :P
Reply 36
not a rat's chance in hell buddy

Latest

Trending

Trending