The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS 2010

So, we have a thread to discuss almost every other higher - why not have one to discuss RMPS?!

How're you all feeling about the exam? What are you aiming for?

What did you get in your prelims?

Personally, I got an A in both of my prelims, so will be gutted if I don't get at least a B in the exam.

Good luck guys!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would everyone get an A?
You're not making much sense ... thanks for your input anyhow.
Alrighty!

Studying for this just now! I know the Christianity belief and science topic inside out! Almost covered the whole of Judaism, covered Ethics and started Gender!

I have good evolution knows if anyone want them.

I got an A in the prelim but that was because we were given hints in what was going to be in it! This will be so much harder!
Reply 3
I wish we could get hints in the exam haha!
For me, Christianity belief and science is the hardest topic :tongue:
Reply 4
guys dnt worry, i did it last year and it was sooo easy!
i panic like an hour before it wondering if i know it all but honestly our whole class got an A bar 1 :biggrin:
Reply 5
we did islam and war and peace ethic :smile:
Reply 6
I hope it's not too difficult... :/ ive been studyin my socks off for this exam!
Reply 7
I havent started my revision yet >.< !!

I've forgotten so much dammit. Been putting revision off for so long and then underestimated how long it'd take to do my AH geog revision (which is in the morning !!! )

And now im on here procrastinating

GOD DAMMIT. (oops :tongue:)
Reply 8
So, how did the exam go guys?
Did anyone else know the morality section would be combined with the section you'd studied (e.g. crime and punishment)?
Sitting in the exam was the first I knew of it ...
Reply 9
Yeah same! I didn't know what it was I saw it and was like D: But it worked out okay. I got 85% in both prelims and I'm hoping to get a Band 1 A because our school's RMPS department is one of the best in Scotland, anyone doing buddhism find the questions on Sangha and Meditation a bit :s-smilie: They were the two things I was hoping wouldn't come up, but it went alright (:
Reply 10
The general consensus seems to be that the judaism questions were horrible.
I did Christianity and War and Peace. I must say that some of the questions were strangely/badly worded. It thought it was a fair paper. I was surprised how quickly i finished paper 2.
james189
The general consensus seems to be that the judaism questions were horrible.

I thought Judaism was quite fair! All I could argue about it was the last question, I thought they weren't very clear what they want us to about views from Reform and Orthodox Judaism!

I thought Gender was average but Belief and Science I found quite simple.

I will scan up paper 2 but I can't do paper 1 as my teacher stole by paper LOL! :mad:
Reply 13
rachiesy
So, how did the exam go guys?
Did anyone else know the morality section would be combined with the section you'd studied (e.g. crime and punishment)?
Sitting in the exam was the first I knew of it ...

You did Crime and punishment and got an A in the prelim? The odds are crazy, but are you Rachel Bean from my class?
Reply 14
well, the guys in our school thought the higher went ok, but advanced higher went terrible! horrible essay questions! i just had to waffle for most of it :s
Reply 15
hunagdi
You did Crime and punishment and got an A in the prelim? The odds are crazy, but are you Rachel Bean from my class?

No, i;m not, sorry :tongue:
Reply 16
rachiesy
No, i;m not, sorry :tongue:

lol I knew it would be unlikely. So how did you find the exam? To be honest, If I knew RMPS would be this easy, I would have taken the subject in fifth year.
Reply 17
hunagdi
lol I knew it would be unlikely. So how did you find the exam? To be honest, If I knew RMPS would be this easy, I would have taken the subject in fifth year.

yea u should cuz the advanced is easy as pie 2!!! :p:
but u have to do a disseration!:mad:
Reply 18
i hope eveyone did well in their higher, our school i've heard have got good results for re!
i got a for adv re! ssooo very happy :smile:
Reply 19
I got A for higher RMPS - congrats on your a also :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending