The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Pinkaddiction23
I thought the question was how is childhood sometimes an unpleasant experience.
I said - child can be abused
- child can lose one parent
- in industrial society, children were expected to work

I don't know if it was right or not though :p:

Does anyone know if I will get penalised for not doing the death rate question as an essay. I ran out of time so I done detailed bullet points :frown:

No, my sociology teacher bullet pointed when she ran out of time in her A2 and got an A. Sometimes u can get higher marks if u have poor essay structure, cos they wouldnt mark u down for it. Unless u made loads of spelling mistakes.
Reply 21
JLogan1992
I did family, I thought it was all good apart from the death rate question.

For the functions, I only mentioned Functionalist views, Parsons, Murdock, and Fletcher though.

I only came up with two things for the negative impact one, then ran out of time.

If you only mentioned functionalists you can only get 10 marks, because you need to criticise, like postmodernists and feminists would criticise, thats where you get the 14 AO2 marks from.
Reply 22
Jollly
^ Haha on the paper I couldn't remember who was the person who spoke about the ageing population, hope it won't make a huge difference :/
Yeah I did infant mortality rare decreasing as well.

I didn't know who said it either i just wrote about its affects :/
charly277
No, my sociology teacher bullet pointed when she ran out of time in her A2 and got an A. Sometimes u can get higher marks if u have poor essay structure, cos they wouldnt mark u down for it. Unless u made loads of spelling mistakes.

:lol: if they can actually read it. I was in kind of a rush :p: but thanks for the info!
bmehta123
Butt i got slightly stuck on the 6 mark question about how childhood isnt positive for all children or whatever

-child labour in some parts of world
-child abuse and violence
-some disadvantaged by social class i.e material and cultural deprivation can lead to ill health fewer life chances and underachievement in school
-could also include 'toxic' childhood
-and how children are no longer protected from truths of adulthood e.g. death
charly277
If you only mentioned functionalists you can only get 10 marks, because you need to criticise, like postmodernists and feminists would criticise, thats where you get the 14 AO2 marks from.

:yes: ..also include the item or you wont be able to get full marks
Reply 26
charly277

I did I meant I only used Functionalists for the AO1 marks, I used all Postmodernism, Marxism, Feminism, New Right for AO2.
Reply 27
I only mentioned funtionalism, marxism and the new right. :s-smilie:
Reply 28
If anything, I'm screwed for Education & Research Methods on Tuesday D:

Latest

Trending

Trending