The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
for the gene mutation question did everyone put substitution?
Reply 61
smartpants
Ok Guys there waz a question about the combination between P and Q and give another recmobanaet if Q was abset something like that. What boxes did u tick?

tick _________
tick _________
_______ tick
_______ tick

That's what I put though I had no idea :confused: For the question after that I put abcD :confused: :confused:

@TTmcsly yeah I put substitution and it's a point mutation so has little effect on the final protein
Reply 62
The essay on Temperature regulation was so awesome!:biggrin:
Reply 63
fierymojo
"etiolated" :P

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ive never heard that word in my life :eek3:

I asked my teacher that question after and she didnt know -.-"
all the other teachers seemed to though.. fail
Reply 64
i know:frown: i was expecting the usual state the exact location of glycolysis etc theyr always good questions:frown: anyone think the pass mark will be lowered lol
Reply 65
What about the question that was a table with thalidomide, alcohol and nicotine? All I knew was the thalidomide part :eek4:

@TT I put 1 and 2 but people here are saying 1, 2 and 3 :frown:
Reply 66
What about the muli choice question about cooperative hunting... was the answer 1,2 and 3...?
Reply 67
smartpants
Ok Guys there waz a question about the combination between P and Q and give another recmobanaet if Q was abset something like that. What boxes did u tick?

And did anyone get 400% and 8ug thing for the 1st question?

What was the question about the percentage again in the first Q??
Reply 68
And the PKU question? Did anyone get it? :lolwut: :no:
Reply 69
ribeena
What was with no respiration! Completely shocked, usually a good question to get an easy 4 or 5 marks on. I'm disappointed with biology this year. Although, good essay questions - GA and IAA and then transpiration stream! Couldn't have got better questions.

Same! shame the MC was difficult and a lot of annoying time consuming graph / problem solving questions :frown:
Reply 70
DarrenC

i wrote that you can obtain it from food.. :frown: i guessed though, i was really confused with that question aswell.:confused:
Reply 71
DarrenC
What about the question that was a table with thalidomide, alcohol and nicotine? All I knew was the thalidomide part :eek4:

@TT I put 1 and 2 but people here are saying 1, 2 and 3 :frown:

Yeah that fetal developement question was pretty difficult.... Unless you knew exactly what the effects were for all 3 you had to really guess:P
Reply 72
DarrenC

I said you got it from an inherited recessive gene? Not entirely sure though...
Reply 73
isharif
i wrote that you can obtain it from food.. :frown: i guessed though, i was really confused with that question aswell.:confused:

I said its an inherited gene mutation.
Reply 74
TTmcsly
I said its an inherited gene mutation.

I just said the individual was homozygous for the faulty gene :frown:
Reply 75
3 out of 16 for the question about dogs i believe?
Reply 76
lookbusy
3 out of 16 for the question about dogs i believe?

Yeah :smile:
Reply 77
jackwka
I just said the individual was homozygous for the faulty gene :frown:

That could be right. All i know is that PKU is an inherited gene disorder... Whether it is homozygous or not i have no idea. :P
Reply 78
I hate how the answers have to be written on the question paper. I've forgotten all the questions already so I wish I could've taken the paper home :frown:

WHAT QUESTION ABOUT DOGS?! :eek3: I hope I didn't accidently skip a page!
Reply 79
JoshCurran
Yeah :smile:

YAAAAS! the hours i spent revising gene crosses with my teacher payed off for.. one mark >.<

Latest

Trending

Trending