The Student Room Group
Reply 1
JennyHRS510
I've seen people talking about it regarding that nasty C3 chemistry paper yesterday; what is your UMS and how is it calculated?

Exam board..?
Reply 2
Aqa
Reply 3
Check the website, that's what I did for Edexcel.
UMS is the Uniform Mark Score (I think), and is different to the raw mark on the test depending on how much the exam board has to scale marks in each direction, as far as I'm aware.
Reply 5
Unit 1 was 41/45
Unit 2 was 45/45
ISA was 39/40
Unit 3 (I guess....) 35 to 40 out of 45? Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
JennyHRS510
Unit 1 was 41/45
Unit 2 was 45/45
ISA was 39/40
Unit 3 (I guess....) 35 to 40 out of 45? Thank you :smile:

I don't think you're going to need to calculate that. I think that's pretty much 100 UMS for each. Nice one.
Reply 7
Oh cool :smile: I was just worried cos I think I did a lot worse on Unit 3 in comparison, but as everyone says it's a hard paper, does that mean grade boundaries will be lower, so 30/31 out of 45 will be worth the same UMS as 35/36 out of 45 on an easier paper?
Reply 8
What about for Edexcel. Where can I find UMS?
JennyHRS510
I've seen people talking about it regarding that nasty C3 chemistry paper yesterday; what is your UMS and how is it calculated?

To respond to the OP, they add a particular number of points to your percentage depending on how hard the test was and how well the country performed overall. What this basically means is that you can get 100 UMS with a score of about 92% (I think that was on my last science exam).
Reply 10
I didnt do a single thng about UMS at gcse lol. Just got my A*s and that's it.

Latest