The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh don't, I'm bricking it enough as it is.:eek3:
Reply 21
I tell myself now that next year im gonna study my ass off. deep down i know thats not gonna happen
Reply 22
You will never pass Higher Administration, no matter how well you think you can use a computer. (:
Reply 23
The sixth years flush your head in the toilet... :wink:
Reply 24
You'll fail maths. No buts. :facepalm2:
Reply 25
I think I shall in fact scare you lot. Highers were easy, so were AHs. Univsersity, that's a killer.
Reply 26
A summary of S5:

Begin. Work. NAB. Oh ****. Work. Stress. Prelims. Fail. More NABs. Sleep deprivation. Drama. Studying. You truly never understand anything. Complexity. Exams. Sinking feeling. Panic. That feeling of "no matter what I write it just isn't good enough/correct.". English. Paranoia. Maths. Mind-****. Others tail off. That realisation of "Omg I should've worked harder.". And then realising that past papers will only get you so far. Finish. Most orgasmic summer ever.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Actually do the ******* work.
Reply 27
Slumpy
Highers were easy

Yep

Slumpy
so were AHs.

Nope

Slumpy
Univsersity, that's a killer.

:afraid:
Reply 28
couldnt have put it better myself LuhLah!,

Yeah no matter how confident you are, your gonna get crushed like a bug
You will fall ill several times in the year due to stress.
You will hate Human Biology for the rest of your life once you've finished the course.
All-nighters and cramming the day/night before the exam doesn't quite work for Highers.
You will become acquainted with the kettle and coffee which results in you drinking more than you should.
You can pretty much say bye to a constant sleep pattern throughout the year.
Your first prelim will come along and hit you full force like you've just run into a brick wall.
The SQA men will be watching over you as you sleep each night, they're just very good at disappearing when you open your eyes.
Reply 30
C274
Yep

Nope

:afraid:

Glad to have helped:h:
Teachers will treat you much more like a grown up. But some really will. You remember that nice friendly teacher when you were younger? Bit of a perv now you've reached senior school, isn't he?
Reply 32
cool_side_of_the_pillow
Teachers will treat you much more like a grown up. But some really will. You remember that nice friendly teacher when you were younger? Bit of a perv now you've reached senior school, isn't he?

True dat.
lol at all these 5th year kids trying to pretend you're exams are so stressful and tough and hard

wait till uni. thats when **** gets real.

highers are pish easy.
You will become the master of all late homework/ coursework excuses. You may even temporarily break your own printer to create an excuse...
when you do 5th year you will all become incompetent at spelling like the OP who cant even spell "fifth"
Reply 36
If they ask you to count to Googolplex, and you don't, they will force you into a black hole
especially the physics maniacs
This would have been more effective if it wasn't for the thread title. =/
I think this thread is a little unfair. We've all been faced with the unknown next step and it's daunting enough without the "wise ones" making things worse. There's no need for anyone to know that at SQA we deliberately make the Highers much much harder because it gives us a good laugh when we mark them and fail everyone.

SAM
Highers are hard but they are normally worth it in the end (as an entry requirement for uni) besides when ever you do the next qualification up it becomes the hardest thing ever and the qualifications below seem easy.

I don't know if anyone else enjoyed their Highers but I actually found that I started to get really interested in my subjects during 5th year. Yes it was stressful but probably as stressful as applying to uni was for me (trying to decide where I wanted to live for 5 years and spending half a year worrying about whether you will get place while your friends are already sitting with unconditionals is not fun).

Latest