The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what size of dictionary..
ruth_lou
do any of you know where i can buy cheap dictionaries for french and german for uni?

I got HUGE dictionaries (the really really big ones) for £12 each (French & Spanish) from Amazon. Collins ones I think - the decent ones anyway. They even deliver free!
Reply 3
I got mine from Amazon for a really cheap price! It depends which languages you do though in regards to which edition is best. For example, I would say, in my opinion, Collins Robert is better for French whereas if you are looking for a good German one, the Oxford Duden one is best without a doubt! Hope that helps!
Reply 4
i have collins, for french and spanish, but apparently the spanish oxford one is better. the french collins is good and reccommended. i dont know if theres one near you, but in my town there is a bookshoop called sussex stationers, its part of a chain called british bookshops or something, and they sell discounted books, and the latest editions of the large dictionaries (not concise) are £15, half the price of exactly the same books in waterstones etc. they only have collins in the one near me though.
I think you can get the £30 ones for £12 in the East Sussex books shops, which I've only seen in Chichester and Portsmouth. I got a grammar book with my copy from Amazon for cheaper too
Reply 6
Lil Lee
I think you can get the £30 ones for £12 in the East Sussex books shops,

i think this is the same company where i got mine, but the stores are called different things. i have seen quite a few around anyway! they sell new books for silly prices. i got posh spice's autobiography for just £2!
Reply 7
If you're anywhere near Cambridge, apparently there's a bookshop along Selwyn Road and it obviously caters particularly well for students. It's very cheap.
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap "le petit Robert"?
OXFAM bookshops are GREAT for this kind of thing!

I got a petit Robert in Mauritius, but it's the small version
Reply 10
i got my french and spanish "complete and unabridged" dictionaries (the HUUUGE ones) from amazon for £15 each (they're £30 each in the shops)
Richy Rich$$

I ordered mine from amazon.fr as it was a bit cheaper than the UK site, and I think it was a more up to date version.
Lil Lee
I think you can get the £30 ones for £12 in the East Sussex books shops, which I've only seen in Chichester and Portsmouth.

And Romford. :biggrin:

Go for Amazon.
Reply 14
Definitely Amazon. I ordered the Colins Robert french dictionary and the Collins Sansoni italian dictionary and they came in less than 24 hours. Te italian one was supposed to be £45, I got it for £22. The french one was supposed to be £30, got it for £15. Great service at great prices!
Those £12 ones you are talking about... my teacher is just ordering them for me... for A Level! Woah...
Reply 16
Richy Rich$$

I got mine through uni. It was a bulk order so it was really cheap - about £18 I think- can't remember now....

Latest

Trending

Trending