The Student Room Group

SQA RESULTS 2010 :: Official Discussion Thread *Results sent out at 2.50pm*

Poll

What kind of party do you want before the results?

SQA Results Discussion Thread #1
Pre-Results and Post-Results

If you have registered with MySQA and opted to get your results sent to you by text and/or email, the texts and emails will be sent out at 2.50pm on Wednesday 4 August.

All results will be sent out by post on Thursday 5 August, regardless of whether you have registered with MySQA or not.

These videos made by the SQA are very comforting

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dunno wether i should be looking forward to results day or not lol :P
Reply 2
I'm really looking forward to it, it just gets it out the way so I can get ready for my highers. Standard grades suck.
Reply 3
I think im gonna get BCC, or CCC, or CCD.
Wow, this is quick. Hope you don't peak too soon.

In the meantime, can I remind you all to register for MySQA to get your results by text or email the day before the paper certificates arrive.

SAM
Reply 5
I've predicted myself to get 11111112 (yes, reject Standard Grader here), and the subjects are English, Maths, History, French, Computing, Physics, Chemistry, and MUSIC. It is a little known fact that music is the spawn of the devil (and is his favourite son, too). My saxophone broke the very morning of my performance exam, and so I had to use a grimy, half-broken school one which made an ear-piercing shriek whenever the octave key was used. This, combined with the fact that my teacher's very harsh in the marking of compositions, will take me down to a 2, I think. My singing was alright, though - does anybody know if 1122 in listening, 2nd instrument, composition and 1st instrument respectively would round to a 1 or 2?

Anyway, sorry for rambling.
Reply 6
Armaros
I've predicted myself to get 11111112 (yes, reject Standard Grader here), and the subjects are English, Maths, History, French, Computing, Physics, Chemistry, and MUSIC. It is a little known fact that music is the spawn of the devil (and is his favourite son, too). My saxophone broke the very morning of my performance exam, and so I had to use a grimy, half-broken school one which made an ear-piercing shriek whenever the octave key was used. This, combined with the fact that my teacher's very harsh in the marking of compositions, will take me down to a 2, I think. My singing was alright, though - does anybody know if 1122 in listening, 2nd instrument, composition and 1st instrument respectively would round to a 1 or 2?

nae bother, i enjoyed listening to the ramble :tongue:

I'll save you from my physics frustration ramble :L
Reply 7
Armaros

To answer your question a 1 (:

Surely your teacher will give you a 1? They're not really allowed to mark harshly and are probably going to try and be as fair as possible.

And as for your performing, I'm sure you'll have done fine. Did you let the examiner know about the problem with your own sax? If you did I'm sure they'll take it into account? (:
Reply 8
Lulope
To answer your question a 1 (:

Surely your teacher will give you a 1? They're not really allowed to mark harshly and are probably going to try and be as fair as possible.

And as for your performing, I'm sure you'll have done fine. Did you let the examiner know about the problem with your own sax? If you did I'm sure they'll take it into account? (:

Thank you for answering :biggrin:
One of the music teachers did inform them, and I hope they decided to grant a little bit of clemency! They certainly didn't give anything away on the matter, however. I hope you're right on the composition matter, too - I only make the "harsh" statement because I saw one of the most technically and musically brilliant compositions the other day - long, full of techniques, and such - and it got given a 2. I don't need to tell you how surprised (to put it lightly) the composer was, haha.

Bainyyyy
nae bother, i enjoyed listening to the ramble :tongue:

I'll save you from my physics frustration ramble :L

Go on: I've had my turn, it's only fair you get it off your chest as well :p:
Reply 9
garlicbreadman
SQA Results Discussion Thread #1
Pre-Results and Post-Results

Will be awful. advance higher Biology :s-smilie:
Reply 10
LuhLah

100% agreed :o:
Reply 12
Armaros
Thank you for answering :biggrin:
One of the music teachers did inform them, and I hope they decided to grant a little bit of clemency! They certainly didn't give anything away on the matter, however. I hope you're right on the composition matter, too - I only make the "harsh" statement because I saw one of the most technically and musically brilliant compositions the other day - long, full of techniques, and such - and it got given a 2. I don't need to tell you how surprised (to put it lightly) the composer was, haha.

Go on: I've had my turn, it's only fair you get it off your chest as well :p:

:L ok mannn

Sat higher physics today, out of 90 marks, was aiming at an a band 1 which was 79/90 last year.Multichoice out of 20, i got 12 :confused: :confused: :confused: Then the rest of the paper i got close to full marks on every question apart from one or two parts of questions. So i'm looking at 75.5/90, which is half a mark of a band 1 according to last year. I extremely doubt that i will get it :frown: achhh well :smile:
Blu3j4yw4y
Wow - you took the exact same subjects as me :eek: And I also despised music

What you planning on taking next year? :p:

I don't know why you would despise music, all I did was talk :biggrin:
Reply 14
Blu3j4yw4y
Wow - you took the exact same subjects as me :eek: And I also despised music

What you planning on taking next year? :p:

:')
I'm glad somebody's with me in hating that subject - apparently some people think it's "fun"! Perish the thought! Anyway, next year, I'm looking to take Higher English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Computing. To be honest, I wanted to do 3 sciences (have a crazy dream of becoming a dentist), but the school's columns messed that up for me. Computing shouldn't be too bad, I hope! We do have the worst teacher in all Christendom in terms of programming talent, however, so that part might be a bit of a struggle. Any tips? :o:

Bainyyyy
:L ok mannn

Sat higher physics today, out of 90 marks, was aiming at an a band 1 which was 79/90 last year.Multichoice out of 20, i got 12 Then the rest of the paper i got close to full marks on every question apart from one or two parts of questions. So i'm looking at 75.5/90, which is half a mark of a band 1 according to last year. I extremely doubt that i will get it achhh well

From the sounds of it you've done a lot better than some of my older friends, at least :smile: I'm sure a half mark could easily rear its dainty head somewhere in your paper, and even if it doesn't, you still have an A, which I gather is quite an achievement! :adore:
LuhLah

:rofl:
Exactly this. Seriously, it isn't results day until 5th August. I haven't sat my exams yet! DO NOT WANT.
Reply 16
OMG! i am excited and nervous about the prospects ive done all my highers (4) i hope i get..

Physics-B
English-B
Product design-A
Graphics-B/C/D-i dont know i could even fail lol!! i need 3Bs this year to get into uni-God help me!
Reply 17
Did the last of my 5 Higher exams today - Physics and Music. I'm optimistically hoping for 3 B's and 2 A's, the A's being Music and Physics, the B's being English, French and Maths. Ah well, good luck to each and every candidate at all levels come August.
Armaros
:')
I'm glad somebody's with me in hating that subject - apparently some people think it's "fun"! Perish the thought! Anyway, next year, I'm looking to take Higher English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Computing. To be honest, I wanted to do 3 sciences (have a crazy dream of becoming a dentist), but the school's columns messed that up for me. Computing shouldn't be too bad, I hope!

Wait your school columns don't let you take English, Maths + the 3 sciences? :confused: Have a moan at them.

I know quite a few people who do that at my school, and every year you have the opportunity to do that.
Reply 19
matthew93
Wait your school columns don't let you take English, Maths + the 3 sciences? :confused: Have a moan at them.

I know quite a few people who do that at my school, and every year you have the opportunity to do that.

It is bad, isn't it? I'm going to try and get my guidance teacher to take this seriously in my interview before we start 5th year to see if any arrangements at all could be made. I even conceded that I'd be happy to do AH chem and bio in 6th year along with Higher physics, to be informed that this wouldn't be possible either. :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending