The Student Room Group
Ive chosen Vivienne Westwood, John Galliano for design and Picasso and Magrite for expressive :smile:
For design I've chosen Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Enric Miralles, for expressive I've chosen Alison Watt and Samuel John Peploe xD

I'm really looking forward to the exam because once that's done, no more exams for a year! and also because I kinda need art which means that I'm compelled to study for it :P

Who did you choose? :biggrin:
Reply 3
I would have loved to have been able to do John Galliano! Our school made us do Coco Chanel and Vivienne Westwood! I love Chanel but Galliano is the best, I wrote about him for standard grade! So I've got those two for design and Picasso and Peter Howson for expressive! I really think I may change Howson though, I am not finding his stuff interesting enough to learn and remember!
Reply 4
We pretty much get told what to do, I'm doing Van Gogh and Picasso for portraiture and then comparing chairs from the Arts and Crafts movement with Bauhaus (the designers Philip Webb, AH Mackmurdo, Marcel Breuer and Mies Van der Rohe) for product design.
Reply 5
How long are the essay's meant to be? Mine are about 1, 300 words each and I can never seem to write them in the time allocated.
Reply 6
Rossco1011
How long are the essay's meant to be? Mine are about 1, 300 words each and I can never seem to write them in the time allocated.

You should be able to write it in 30 min, my typed up version is about 2 pages but it depends on how quick you write how much you can write. Whatever you do make sure you have finished the essays in an hour so you have 15 minutes for each part a).
Reply 7
ye my essays are about two pages with size 12 font(is that the same as yours?), Im learning them just now and it seems that they go on forever!
Reply 8
Rossco1011
ye my essays are about two pages with size 12 font(is that the same as yours?), Im learning them just now and it seems that they go on forever!

Yes (my expressive essay is only 1 and a half pages), but if it seems a lot try and cut it down as you really shouldn't be spending more than 30 minutes to write each essay out.
Reply 9
does anyone know how many pieces of your artists you should comment on?
I've been practising writing about three pieces for each artist which is making me run out of time...is two allowed?
asobi seksu
does anyone know how many pieces of your artists you should comment on?
I've been practising writing about three pieces for each artist which is making me run out of time...is two allowed?

My class was told only to write about 2 paintings for each artist (we are doing 2).
I usually can get my essays done within the time limits...usually they're around 3 pages long with my writing.

We got to choose who to write so that was pretty good, i usually get full marks for everything except for my designer part x_x;; dunno why but i find it good to write about but also do the worse in LOL, We also were told to do 2 designs on each designer and also only 2 still lifes for each artist... :smile:
I usually can get my essays done within the time limits...usually they're around 3 pages long with my writing.

We got to choose who to write so that was pretty good, i usually get full marks for everything except for my designer part x_x;; dunno why but i find it good to write about but also do the worse in LOL, We also were told to do 2 designs on each designer and also only 2 still lifes for each artist... :smile:
how do you start off a higher art essay for the design part.....me and my friends having been talking about it for the past hour and cant figure it out :s-smilie: someone please!!??
ChelseaMartin_xD
how do you start off a higher art essay for the design part.....me and my friends having been talking about it for the past hour and cant figure it out :s-smilie: someone please!!??

X number of designers who .... (repeat part of question) .... are so and so and so and so.

So and so was born in....

Or X number of design movements which .... (repeat part of question) .... are this and that.

The x movement was from ... to .... and was
Reply 15
We're analysing Frida Kahlo's painitng for the written exam and I'm doing Picasso and Carvaggio for Expressive ; )

Latest

Trending

Trending