The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wings_cp
Is this one of those play ground things when a kid shouts "No you are.."

Do u not undertand that i didnt say you couldnt score highly, just that it wasnt a certainty.

Can you comprehend this little fact?

You obviously cannot comprehend what I meant if you think it was a playground insult. I was complimenting you. I thought you were consciously criticising me and I found it quite a clever little insult on your part. Never mind. Please, drop the subject. Oh, and please stop acting high and mighty when you're probably only a year or two older than me.
Reply 21
This dispute is pathetic.

Incidentally, if experience is any indicator, the LNAT specimen will not in any way reflect the finished article; last year's I found much, much easier than any practice paper undertaken beforehand. The multiple-choice component will likely have more to do with semantics than current affairs, which are rather the preserve of the essay section; and, to this end, a sizeable vocabulary may well prove indispensable.
Reply 22
...is a waste of time. Thank god I was one of the 'lab rats', when the unis probably struggled in how to make use of the results.
Onearmedbandit
Well last year, when it was out of 24, anything about 15 was good.

This year I recon... anything over 17 will be good as I expect the average to be roughly half marks again.

I expect the average this year to probably increse into the 14-16 bracket; not a proportional increase to the number of questions BUT the time allocation has not been increased either, thus the test will actually be more difficult. The effect of increasing the mark allocation to 30 is that the brightest have a gauntlet, and they must surely appreciate that, within which they can show relative potential far more effectively than through many other application tools.
Reply 24
Originvm,
i just read it was 2 hours

lovemachine
ahh thank you. and the actual test is 30 mins as well

I took the test earlier this week. The multiple choice part is 80mins and the essay part is 40 mins. :smile:
Reply 25
hey,

you know the multiple choice and essay questions that come up on the LNAT...are they the same for every test date?????
legal_mc
hey,

you know the multiple choice and essay questions that come up on the LNAT...are they the same for every test date?????

No. There is a huge bank of questions and the computer recreates a new test for every test sitting. Nice try.
Hi....

Well, about 6 of my mates have taken the LNAT so far. I took mine yesterday. We talk as one would and strangely about 5 of the 10 passages were the same. That's not to say the bank isn't doing what its meant to be doing - we boys having half the passages the same could be attributed to plain and simple luck. The order of the passages, however did change completely. The essay section aslo showed repitition but not as much. It does make one wander if an effective enough network of LNAT students were to group together by means such as websites and forums (i.e. studentroom) perhaps we could to a considerable extent 'suss out' the questions and confer upon answers and aid those in future years as I've heard the bank will try and remain the same as much as it can to keep the test standardised and comparable from year to year.

Good Luck to the rest of you who have yet to take the LNAT.

Latest

Trending

Trending