The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i answered the british constitution and core executive questions. i was unhappy that the judiciary was the 25-marker for the constitution and that the 25-marker for C.E was related to ministers/civil servants.

I had been expecting questions related to a written constitution for the british constitution and a prime-ministerial question for core executive.

overall, it wasn't too bad. i think i did fairly well for both 25 markers which helped, both part b's were relatively simple but part a's were surprisingly hard...which questions did you answer?
Reply 2
I could cope with core executive dont know how well i wrote about the civil servants

Did anyone do parliament? I didnt even attempt section B, and regretting losing 10 marks already.
It wasn't even on the sylabus!!! :mad: i hate AQA!
Reply 3
I did the Constitution ( was hoping for it to be about written constitution though) but generally found the question okay and wrote lots in 25 marker.

I wanted there to be a question on cabinet or Prime Minister but seen as it was Civil Servants I decided to do Parliament.

I found the 10 marker hard :frown: I didn't know any advantges and just gave reasons out of the extract. I can remember writing that it would give Commons more power as they can decide important issues like War.
(I don't remember revising this in the revision book and out teacher hadn't taught us this )

I really messed up the 25 marker . I didn't even know what the question was asking ( I was panicking and running out of time had about 15 minutes left)

I wrote about parliamentary sovereignty, FPTP that it doesnt give majority( 2010 election), MP scandal- voters less connected with MP , PMQ provide real scutiny , Select committees.

I wrote for and against for those point but I think that it had nothing to do with the Question :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I was pretty much the same for the essay i'd just got myself confused i didnt even write about parliamentary soverignty i was writing about executive dominance more than anything which is sort of right but wasnt really what the question was asking then how there were limits on that so even though they do dominate parliament can get rid of them :confused:

but hey ho....theres always a january resit!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending