The Student Room Group

Help - how to get team sponsorship?

Hey all,

I recently got made Vice-captain of my rugby team at York university and one of my roles is to try and find sponsorship for the club.

Thing is I don't really know where to start! I intend to go into town next weekend, and ask around a few shops and send out a barrage of letters. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of doing this and had any tips/advice or suggestions that could be helpful? Someone told me their rugby team managed to get sponsorship from the army, is that likely to be true/possible? We didn't manage to get sponsorship last year, and everyone had cuts from the sports union so really struggled financially, so the pressures on me this year to get it sorted! :tongue:

Any help for ideas would be excellent! :smile:
Reply 1
You could try any bars in town? If you promise to bring in a crowd every week on a social then bars will be happy to sponsor you. (Say you get an average of 15 people out on a social per week, each spends about a tenner at the bar, thats £150 a week for the bar. Spread over about 5 months thats roughly £3000 you are bringing to the bar.)

If you put that on the table you wouldnt feel so bad about asking for their money :yes:

Thats what our team does so it should be worth looking into.

Latest

Trending

Trending