The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Emma1124
Hello Everyone,

For people who sat the Edexcel Introduction to Small Business on the Exam 28th May 2010.

Just wondering how your exam went?

Hi,

Yes, I took that exam (multiple choice). I was actually quite pleased with it. I didn't find it that hard. It was much easier than I thought it would be. How was yours? Were there any questions that you were unsure about?
Reply 2
Introduction to a small business....wtf? :lolwut:

It's called Competitive Markets!
Reply 3
Hey quick question. For Question 9 one of the questions was about minimum pricing and the possible economic effects. I drew a minimum price diagram and then shaded the area of excess supply. I also explained that it would encourage more people to farm and to supply more etc To evaluate that I said that it may not be sustainable in the long run because it may require large government funds to uphold (Opp cost). Also, it would depend on how high the minimum price was in comparison to the equilibrium cost and also consumers would face higher prices for their products... would this be correct?

Thanks in advance
Reply 4
Master.K
Introduction to a small business....wtf? :lolwut:

It's called Competitive Markets!

haha
Reply 5
What did everyone get for the question about interest rates rising from 3% to 5%? How would this affect his business?
Reply 6
abrarda1
Hey quick question. For Question 9 one of the questions was about minimum pricing and the possible economic effects. I drew a minimum price diagram and then shaded the area of excess supply. I also explained that it would encourage more people to farm and to supply more etc To evaluate that I said that it may not be sustainable in the long run because it may require large government funds to uphold (Opp cost). Also, it would depend on how high the minimum price was in comparison to the equilibrium cost and also consumers would face higher prices for their products... would this be correct?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Sorry, I think you're talking about the wrong exam. This one was multiple choice and unit 1.

BlueMason
What did everyone get for the question about interest rates rising from 3% to 5%? How would this affect his business?

Sorry, I can't remember the list of possible answers. Could you please remind me what they were?
Reply 7
Sorry, I can't remember the list of possible answers. Could you please remind me what they were?

The possible answers were this would either increase customer spending or decrease customer spending.

I put it would decrease i think :s-smilie:
Reply 8
BlueMason
The possible answers were this would either increase customer spending or decrease customer spending.

I put it would decrease i think :s-smilie:

Yes I put decrease as well. People must pay more interest so they are less confident on buying luxuries. I'm certain we got that one right. Any others you weren't sure about? I put marketing mix for the very last question- it confused me for a while.
Reply 9
Phew, my mate who got A* in his mocks put increase but i thought the same reasoning as you :wink: erm not that i can remember any questions you found difficult?
Reply 10
I didn't really find them difficult but the one about the recruitment process- I put person specification, application form and job description. They seemed like the most likely answers.
Also, the one about how that lady in the passage of text could obtain long term finance- I chose bank loan, personal savings and profit. I wasn't sure about profit but it couldn't really be overdraft because isn't that short-term finance?

Thanks.
Reply 11
About the recruitment process i was torn between person and job specification and went with job specification :s-smilie:

I also put them three but profit again was the one i wasnt sure about, i think thats right though
Reply 12
Ok, thanks. Other people also put those but I guess we'll just have to wait and see until our results come. I hope you get what you need.
Reply 13
Yeah will have to see, yeah you too, what result are you wanting?
Reply 14
I'm hoping to get an A*. But, the grade we get is really down to how everyone else in the country did. If grade boundaries are high- even 1 or 2 marks could mean the difference between and A and A*.
Reply 15
GIR
Hi,

Sorry, I think you're talking about the wrong exam. This one was multiple choice and unit 1.

Oh yeah sorry my bad! :eek:
Reply 16
Yeah im also going for an A* as i didnt find the test that difficult, an A at the least really
Reply 17
BlueMason

It would affect it by:

Costs Rising due to higher repayment of Overdraft

Fall in sales due to less consumer spending

What did you put?

Latest

Trending

Trending