The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
esachica
I'm screwed if it's cross-cultural studies -_- I have what, one study on that? What would you even use!?

EDIT: So okay, reading your booklet proves I know near to nothing about cultural studies. Crap.

Lol, I am going to use Kroonenberg which is the key study I guess, it's simple that the study is culturally biased as most of the the participants were in the US, all cultures had a majority of Secure Attachment while in Japan and Germany, Insecure Resistant and Avoidant were the most common respectively.

Also supporting studies I would use - Takahashi and Grossman x2 and one more if you can cram it in, Hopefully the EWT comes up but it's better to be prepared than not. Hope this helps a bit, read the booklets - they are decent and our school is quite good in the Psychology dept.
Reply 81
Push
Lol, I am going to use Kroonenberg which is the key study I guess, it's simple that the study is culturally biased as most of the the participants were in the US, all cultures had a majority of Secure Attachment while in Japan and Germany, Insecure Resistant and Avoidant were the most common respectively.

Also supporting studies I would use - Takahashi and Grossman x2 and one more if you can cram it in, Hopefully the EWT comes up but it's better to be prepared than not. Hope this helps a bit, read the booklets - they are decent and our school is quite good in the Psychology dept.

Yeah, Van ljendborn & Kroonenberg would be who I'd use. Damn. Imma have to give these people a closer look before the exam!
Speaking of which, how are you feeling this morning?
Reply 82
esachica
Yeah, Van ljendborn & Kroonenberg would be who I'd use. Damn. Imma have to give these people a closer look before the exam!
Speaking of which, how are you feeling this morning?

Im great, confident - this is going to be the 3rd time i'm taking the test (Im in A2) and while I got U and E (You can tell I didn't revise one bit) in AS, I have more UMS in A2 (Having done only Unit 3 so far :p:) than I had in AS (Before Resits). So yeah, confident and while it wasn't fresh in my head (haven't done it in a whole year), it's coming back to me.

I personally find Attachment easier, which is normally the opposite with everyone who prefer Memory :woo:

It's an 'easy' exam if you put the work in, even if you didn't - you've still got next year to improve it; and if you really can't remember the Names of people, it doesn't matter too much as long as you outline what they did (but it helps).

How are you feeling? Confident? You should always try your best and do as much as you can. Don't spend too long on questions and come back to them if you have time left, best to get an even spread of marks. We will all see what comes up :biggrin:.
Reply 83
Push
Im great, confident - this is going to be the 3rd time i'm taking the test (Im in A2) and while I got U and E (You can tell I didn't revise one bit) in AS, I have more UMS in A2 (Having done only Unit 3 so far :p:) than I had in AS (Before Resits). So yeah, confident and while it wasn't fresh in my head (haven't done it in a whole year), it's coming back to me.

I personally find Attachment easier, which is normally the opposite with everyone who prefer Memory :woo:

It's an 'easy' exam if you put the work in, even if you didn't - you've still got next year to improve it; and if you really can't remember the Names of people, it doesn't matter too much as long as you outline what they did (but it helps).

How are you feeling? Confident? You should always try your best and do as much as you can. Don't spend too long on questions and come back to them if you have time left, best to get an even spread of marks. We will all see what comes up :biggrin:.

Look at you being all confident! :P But thank you for the tips!
I find attachment better than memory too! More interesting too. Concerned about Research Methods though as I really don't know that too well except the basics :/ & exams ALWAYS make me nervous, whatever they are, so I'm waiting till the nerves kick in! D: I know people always tell you to be calm - it's just an exam - but I don't work like that XD
esachica
I find attachment better than memory too! More interesting too. Concerned about Research Methods though as I really don't know that too well except the basics :/ & exams ALWAYS make me nervous, whatever they are, so I'm waiting till the nerves kick in! D: I know people always tell you to be calm - it's just an exam - but I don't work like that XD

Can I butt in here.... omg I'm so nervous I really cant remember memory!!
I've gone over and over all of my booklets, apparently age/anxiety stuff isn't likely to come up, but I cant remember anything but loftus weapon focus effect :frown:
And I don't know any of the strategies for memory improvement, I cant remember any of the studies. guys can someone please summarise what they know for me, and I'm going to last minute cram.

But yeah same developmental I love and feel confident about, memory and research methods make me want to commit. :bawling:
Reply 85
esachica

The way I see Research Methods is just like riding a Bicycle, once you know how to do it, you will keep doing it. It's essential in A2 which makes it a bit easier for me with more 'advanced' RMs but it's really not as bad as learning studies etc. I've got some powerpoints if you feel that you need to go over it.
what are some studies on privation and deprivation? i find it hard distinguishing between the two and apparently theyre likely to come up. :/
Reply 87
EmBrightman
what are some studies on privation and deprivation? i find it hard distinguishing between the two and apparently theyre likely to come up. :/

Just what im upto now :biggrin:

The Genie study is very good, download the workbook I posted a few posts ago and look at page 17 onwards for it.
Reply 88
mehhh.....hi.
Can I butt in here.... omg I'm so nervous I really cant remember memory!!
I've gone over and over all of my booklets, apparently age/anxiety stuff isn't likely to come up, but I cant remember anything but loftus weapon focus effect :frown:
And I don't know any of the strategies for memory improvement, I cant remember any of the studies. guys can someone please summarise what they know for me, and I'm going to last minute cram.

But yeah same developmental I love and feel confident about, memory and research methods make me want to commit. :bawling:

Take a look at Push's booklets that he attached, they're very helpful :smile:
Push
Just what im upto now :biggrin:

The Genie study is very good, download the workbook I posted a few posts ago and look at page 17 onwards for it.

i cant find it :frown:
Reply 90
Genie and Koluchova (Czech twins) for privation as well as Hodges and Tizard for Deprivation I'm not so sure but is it Bowlby? Privation came up as the 12 marker in January so doubt it will come again. Research methods to me is simple having done AS and A2 Sociology. Just hate Eye witness testimony and the role on anxiety.
Reply 91
EmBrightman
i cant find it :frown:

End of Page 17?

Heading is background, "Genie is the name used for a feral child discovered by California..."
Push
End of Page 17?

Heading is background, "Genie is the name used for a feral child discovered by California..."

i mean the booklet thing x
Reply 93
Reply 94
Btw guys, how would we gain 12 marks if the Cross Cultural studies came up as the 12 marker, surely the Van Ijzendoorn study in full will not allow you to access 8+ marks. What else would I need to include? Thanks
god i cant explain how stressed i am for memory!

i looked ta the booklets but it looks s overwhelming!
are the years of studies important to remember or not?

and for the strategies for memory improvement what does everyone know?
like the studies i know for it are erm.... craik and tulving 1975, and they did a study to show that memory is a consequence of semantic processing. this is just me kind of going over stuff guys, and hoping someone will tell me what they know :p:
erm and i know shuell 1969, about organisising, and how recall is high when words are organised into categories, and recall als higher when participants recall the words using categorical clustering.
also bower 1969 about organisation again, with 112 to words in either a random order or conceptual hierarchy, erm bower 1973 for method of loci, hussain and hennessey 2002 for mind maps, and i know no more, and i dont feel comfortable with any of those studies really... i wouldnt know how to use them either, i really dont know memory im stressing about that half :frown:

what does everyone else know about the strategies for memory improvement, and the cognitive interview as well???
mehhh.....hi.
god i cant explain how stressed i am for memory!

i looked ta the booklets but it looks s overwhelming!
are the years of studies important to remember or not?

and for the strategies for memory improvement what does everyone know?
like the studies i know for it are erm.... craik and tulving 1975, and they did a study to show that memory is a consequence of semantic processing. this is just me kind of going over stuff guys, and hoping someone will tell me what they know :p:
erm and i know shuell 1969, about organisising, and how recall is high when words are organised into categories, and recall als higher when participants recall the words using categorical clustering.
also bower 1969 about organisation again, with 112 to words in either a random order or conceptual hierarchy, erm bower 1973 for method of loci, hussain and hennessey 2002 for mind maps, and i know no more, and i dont feel comfortable with any of those studies really... i wouldnt know how to use them either, i really dont know memory im stressing about that half :frown:

what does everyone else know about the strategies for memory improvement, and the cognitive interview as well???

you dont need to know any of that..
i havent even heard of any of them
EmBrightman
you dont need to know any of that..
i havent even heard of any of them

oh, they are in my booklets for strategies :s what do you know for strategies?
peg word mnemonic, chunking, imagery, method of loci, catergorising

but you dont need to know names or dates at all

have you tried lookin at past exam paper mark schemes?

gives you an indication of whatt theyre lookin for

Latest

Trending

Trending