The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
My daughter Lydia (Southlake, Texas, USA) will be attending this semester. She just received her accomodation letter for Warrender Park Road 102 Room 3. She's leaving Dallas Sept 9th for Edinburgh.

We use AOL internet messaing for family communication but ResNet, the "Internet Service" (scarcasm "on") that Univ of Edinburgh obliges Warrender Park Road residents to use (its in the required fees) PROHIBITS all messaging and all Voice over Internet services (example: Skype, Vonage). Argh.

Are you local to Edinburgh? Scotland? UK? Are there any economical broadband internet alternatives that would allow these crucial services? If its cost effective for just one semester would you be interest in spliting the cost of a broad connection and sharing via a WiFi wireless connection (probably ~15 pounds each per month)?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
~Kyra~
Well, I finally got my accommodation letter (they really took their time!) but I've not got my first choice. I'm in Warrender Park Road 102/10. Anyone gonna be joining me?

Hello, just to let u know I'm staying in Warrender Park road 102/4!! Im very excited! Maybe I'll see u there!!
Ang xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending