The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im so academic
Lol, surely doing the exam is communicating to the examiner the answers to the questions. :rolleyes:

Where is the line drawn then, if this is supposedly true?

Well yes, but talking to the examiner outside of the questions e.g. "have a nice day". Tbh I can't find a source now so I don't know which exam boards if any have this as a rule, but I did read it somewhere once :p:
Nope, I think the examiner will have a good laugh :P
I'm leaving my course so I didn't bother revising for my last exam.

I just put "this question displeases me greatly" under one and drew some crying faces.

It's my money i'm wasting..I should be able to decorate my exam how I wish, I hope it makes the examiner smile...perhaps he/she won't but hey, i'll never know.
Examiners just ignore these (I think :erm:), or occasionally smile and laugh at it. Your mum may have thought it was immature and that you could've made better use of your time by checking for mistakes in the question's you did answer.
I always do that!
I've expressed feelings through prose and poetry.

On my AS Chemistry exam, one page said "Do not write on this page".

So I picked up my pen again and drew a billboard saying "**** you!"
Reply 45
AnthonyShock
I always do that!

Rebel
Reply 46
makes no difference
Reply 47
I'm quite surprised by how many of you think the examiner will "enjoy" it. These people spend their days/weekends/evenings having to mark script after script, and i think they most likely find it far from being amusing...if you can't take the exam seriously then i don't see why they should waste their time having to look through them. I mean if i saw a cow on someone's exam then i'd probs have a little chuckle...but then it's not my job to trawl through them and encounter the "disrespect".
I once drew a penis on my physics prelim paper and the teacher said

'its asking the acceleration of the rocket, not what it looks like'

SHAN
Tut tut... hang your head in shame...
Reply 50
theres a fine line though, I did a paper where at the back it said this page has no questions on it please do not write on this page....so i wrote 'okay x' on it

I didn't get in trouble though, but they did send a note and a copy of the page to my exam coordinator to get her to warn me about doing that, but she thought it was funny and now its framed in her office......good times x
flugestuge
C and B grade students do this frequently.

I did it one when I was doing my GCSEs and I had A grades. People can be fun and have good grades you know. :rolleyes: You don't have to be miserable and conceited in order to do well in life, despite what many people in this site make out.
I always write notes to them on my exam papers and smiley faces :h: :mmm:
it depends what examiner u have tbh, i reckon most should be fine but u might get the odd one thats really stuck up and unappreciative who thinks its inappropriate. i think if they respect u more like u make it easy to read and understand and stuff they are more likely to be more lenient. anyways that note was at the end shouldnt make a difference and the pic was totally fine for the question although u may not get marks for it.
Reply 54
AnthonyShock
I always do that!

Good luck with that :rolleyes:
Reply 55
Kash:)
I told my mum this and she got really annoyed etc.

It was in maths and one of the questions was about cows and I didnt know how to answer it, so I drew a quick sketch of a cow instead.

And at the end I wished the examiner a nice summer and drew some squigly lines and a sun etc.

Should i be ashamed of myself?

There have been a lot of long threads on this sort of thing before ... loads of people obviously do it. Appart from annoying the examiner, seeing as he/she has to look at thousands of these pictures, i've never heard of anyone getting penalised for it before so 'ashamed' no. 'squigly lines and a sun' - next time at least draw something origional :p:
Reply 56
haha

I wouldn't worry about that, it'll make a nice change for the examiner
FloMac<3
Why would she be disqualified for that? What a silly made up rule, and even if she was, I doubt it would be up to the examiner to pick and choose who she disqualifies because she wished her a nice summer. LOL

I don't know, but teachers and our school's examiner keep telling us that. I always thought it was true, I don't know maybe they're lying... Hmm, it never actually came to my mind that it might not actually be true. I'm sure they wouldn't be so harsh and disqualify her for that, but they can refuse to mark the paper simply because of that..
Reply 58
Well on my mock I wrote a note to my teacher apologising for how badly I'd done.
Reply 59
it shouldn't matter aslong as you did your best on the exam, for most examiners it will probably cheer them up after marking lots of words but it might make them think you didn't take the exam too seriously

Latest