The Student Room Group

Is anybody doing the Applied Business GCSE exam on 7th June 2010?

I'm doing the GCSE in applied business studies and I really need to get a high A* for two A*s in the end. I kind of mucked up my coursework which holds the most percentage by leaving it too late and being pretty disorganised. Does anybody have any tips on how I should revise for the exam as in any good website recommendations or textbooks? It would be easy to achieve that A* if I were to have some good resources but my school is just crap tbh :rolleyes:
Well...anyone?
Reply 2
I suggest you do some past papers. If your Coursework is A/A* then if you pick up more than 60 marks out of 100 you'll be alright.

OK i've just read that you've mucked up your coursework and and i have to tell you that is not good. The exam can only do so much as Coursework holds 60% on final grade. :s-smilie:

P.S i've had to retake the exams as I got a D in January. Girl, hit those revision books you better start revising:woo:
The medjai
I suggest you do some past papers. If your Coursework is A/A* then if you pick up more than 60 marks out of 100 you'll be alright.

OK i've just read that you've mucked up your coursework and and i have to tell you that is not good. The exam can only do so much as Coursework holds 60% on final grade. :s-smilie:

P.S i've had to retake the exams as I got a D in January. Girl, hit those revision books you better start revising:woo:

When I say I flopped my coursework, I mean i've got an A which means I need an A* in the exam besides this is a retake. I did the exam in year 10 and got 76 but need a high A* to get those 2 A*s.
Reply 4
suicidaloverbusiness
When I say I flopped my coursework, I mean i've got an A which means I need an A* in the exam besides this is a retake. I did the exam in year 10 and got 76 but need a high A* to get those 2 A*s.

OK thats good, dont you have some revision material that your school gave you?
Reply 5
hi yeh the best way is to definatly do past papers.. ive been getting around 65-70/100 in the past papers im doing
and i got two A's in my cw.. so will probably average out to be an A or B overall.

on the aqa website theres tonnes of papers and mark schemes which is good so u can check ur answers also, this sounds silly but if you learn the actual answers word for word from previous past papers there asking the same questions jst in different scenarios so just memorise the answers!
lmk if this helps x:smile:
Reply 6
I know this thread is old but i did this paper on the 7th. How did you find it? Not slightly sure on what grade i got.
Dynamikt
I know this thread is old but i did this paper on the 7th. How did you find it? Not slightly sure on what grade i got.

I found it ok actually, quite liked it. Wbu?
Reply 8
Easy compared to some i would say but i think i messed up on it, think i got a B. You?
Dynamikt
Easy compared to some i would say but i think i messed up on it, think i got a B. You?

Umm...well all I can say is that i'm looking for higher than a B :biggrin: and i'm pretty sure I have a higher mark above a B
Reply 10
suicidaloverbusiness
Umm...well all I can say is that i'm looking for higher than a B :biggrin: and i'm pretty sure I have a higher mark above a B

Lets hope the boundaries don't go up much. It was actually quite easy compared to some past papers so my A/A* is pretty much gone. Good luck. How many past papers did you do before the exam? I did around 5.

Latest

Trending

Trending