The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Want to stay at home for Masters - commuting by train from Wilmslow to Leeds

My brother has just been offered a place at the University of Leeds to do a Masters. He has just bought a flat with his girlfriend in Wilmslow, Cheshire (near Manchester) and wants to commute by train from Wilmslow to Leeds. He has just recieved his timetable and he will need to be in lectures 4 days a week. What do you think? Is this a reasonable commute or will this be too stressful for him?:confused:
Reply 1
Not wanting to be negative, but I've just spent the year commuting from Leeds to Lancaster University (which I'm guessing is a similar distance) and would not recommend it! Exhausting and expensive! x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Also, I think don't quote me... you would have to get a train to Manchester then onto Leeds?
I'm interested to know what your brother decided to do.

I am moving to Leeds from Oldham (probably the same distance Wilmslow to Leeds) because an hour and a half there and back each day is just not worth it, but then again I have no commitments such as a flat or girlfriend.
he may as well study at manchester. And Manchester is a much better city than Leeds
Reply 5
hermaphrodite
he may as well study at manchester. And Manchester is a much better city than Leeds

Tut, tut, Hermaphrodite. That is entirely subjective.
Leeds Uni is ranked higher than Manchester Uni in the national rankings at the moment.
Gissing
Tut, tut, Hermaphrodite. That is entirely subjective.
Leeds Uni is ranked higher than Manchester Uni in the national rankings at the moment.

so is your statement. anyway, shouldn't you have retired from tsr by now.
Reply 7
hermaphrodite
so is your statement. anyway, shouldn't you have retired from tsr by now.

Lol. I should have - I'm now looking for a small time lecturing job, but the student lifestyle and mindset is hard to give up.

Latest