The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

any1 unhappy with their accomodation?

I asked for leodis but got but in Henry Price, which is not what I wanted but i figured its not the end of the world, n HP did have some good aspects eg. its on campus. id even started lookin forward 2 livin there, but i received my contract today n it turns out they have put me in a shared room. im really annoyed since i asked for a single, and when i rang them they ust told me id have 2 either reject it and sort out my own accom, or accept it n ask 2 be changed 2 weeks into the semester, but even then they cant guarentee anythin! im not impressed since they havent taken into account any of my priorities! :mad:
I didnt want 2 moan and be negative, and decided i could live with sharing a bathroom, having no internet access and only be able 2 park my car until christmas, but i dont think i can cope with sharing a room aswell! id have aboslutely no privacy whatsoever!
Just wondered if anyone is in the same or a similar position?
(sorry 2 go on but im reaaally annoyed!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jeez man they dont look like theyve even looked at your application! sorry to hear that :frown:
on the upside, my mate shared a room at uni and it worked out well :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
i suppose it is cheaper...but all i can think of is getting woken up in the morning if i dont have 2 be up and my roommate does, not liking each others taste in music, not having any peace and quiet to get work done....aargh!
well if you have any probs come and stay at ours in leodis!!my friend wants to stay at leodis but hasn't heard yet. i spose she'll prob be in the same boat as you!if i were you i'd see how it goes for 2 weeks and then take advantage of the swap thing.
Reply 4
You never know, your roomie could be the nicest person you'll meet, and at least you'll have someone to walk and talk to instantly.
Reply 5
i suppose, i just dont want 2 swap after 2 weeks when everyones settled in n made friends, i think il probably end up doing that tho coz its a bit late now to find my own accomodation. il just have 2 hope then that i do get a nice room mate!
you'll prob end up being the best of mates hopefully they've matched u up with someone with the same interests.and juts think the spare money can go towards the beer fund!!
Reply 7
lol i wish it were like that, but my parents are paying for my accomodation so it doesnt really make any difference to me! i keep telling myself it could be a good thing, but i still would definately prefer my own room - i could get to be good friends with my flat mates and still have my own space. oh well, i best quit moaning since i cant really do a lot about it!
They put me in a completely different and more expensive hall! So no i was not chuffed about that.. especially seen as its small i wanted a larger place. Hmm Nevermind you just got to learn to accept these things. At least its not in private accomodation
Reply 9
:eek: thats a bit of a shock!
You could wait till you get to uni and asked to be swapped. I can't remember where I saw it - but there was a site for ppl to swap rooms. I will attempt to find it for you.
In the meantime, I found this if its any help: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/faqs5a.htm
Reply 10
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/swaps.htm
:redface: thats all I could find - hope it helps
Reply 11
thanks, il take a look now....
Reply 12
my mate has been given a shared room (shes going to sheffield) and she's seen pictures and there is a wall which separates the rooms just doesnt go all the way accross, if its like that it shouldnt be too bad?! if not bung some clothes in the bath and sleep in there! :p:
Reply 13
ha yeh good idea! iv rung them up n i have 2 send a letter of complaint in if i want it sorting out, personally tho i dont think they are going to do anythin so il probs just have 2 grin n bear it n hope for the best!
Reply 14
aw it'll be ok kat, I know the two guys that lived in the room below yours...at one point they had a wall of cardboard boxes to separate the two sides so thats always an option! But honestly, the rooms are big enough that you won't have to be under each others feet all the time.
Reply 15
A lot of people that put Leodis don't seem to be getting it i got put in lupton, and am coming round to the idea but was a bit dissapointed at first. hopefully everything will sort itself out you might like this person if not ask to change its better to be happy than to spend a year unhappy
when did you guys apply? they topld me it wasn't first come first serve, but myself and a couple of other people I know applied really early on and got our first choices
Reply 17
i applied in march and didnt get into leodis so its definitely not first come first served!
sorry to annoy people but i applied on the last day poss and got into leodis..my mate appllied on the first day basically and hasn't found out yet.i think she;s a lil angry at me! i always put things off!!
Reply 19
If it's anything like other unis they'll have the accommodation split into conditional and unconditional students, I applied to glasgow last year and got my second choice because the unconditional rooms were finished for my first choice but my friend with a conditional got into my first choice because there were rooms reserved

Latest