The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Nicki P
is your accomodation in these shared rooms a 40week contract? my mates been given a shared room and her contract is only for 31 weeks. She's been shopping and bought one of these http://www.onewayfurniture.com/cedarchests.html room rividers! Then at least you will have some privacy!

thats one way to make your new roomate instantly like you, put a big divide and say THIS IS MY HALF :rolleyes:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
marisad_uk
thats one way to make your new roomate instantly like you, put a big divide and say THIS IS MY HALF :rolleyes:

lol.. never heard of that before!! would that even work though? They'd need a big room for that, wouldn't it just been a little in the way?
Reply 42
nah it's pretty big actually
Reply 43
well it wud only be as awkward as you made it, if you just said, i thought itd be a good idea if we put this up as it will give us both a bit of privacy. Then give it a go and if it doesnt work out take it down!
it was just a suggestion x
Nicki P
well it wud only be as awkward as you made it, if you just said, i thought itd be a good idea if we put this up as it will give us both a bit of privacy. Then give it a go and if it doesnt work out take it down!
it was just a suggestion x

jokey jokey :rolleyes:
Reply 45
princesslouise
erh i dont even have a wash basin......i feel ill!

um how do we find out if we have a wash basin or not coz i think im paying the same rent as u! i better have a sink or someone's gonna die
Reply 46
I just allocated to North hill court. It doesn't even have connection to the internet. :frown:
Reply 47
kiediskat
hi, i was pretty disheartened when i realised i hadnt got in at Henry Price, it was my 1st choice and i hadnt really bothered to research the rest of the accomodation! Just my luck, i got put in the one i never looked at, 'St marks' but all looks well, and everything happens for a reason so heres to St Marks!! On the downside, I havent yet come across anyone going to St Marks..... :frown:

hi, just 2 let u know, ur not the only 1 at st marks, didnt get my 1st choice :frown: but hopefully st marks will still b a laugh, which block u in? i'm in L
Reply 48
kat18 try applying for a place at Clarence dock. They tend to have quite a few free spaces and Clarence is a nicer place to live and work. Plus you get a REAL ensuite.
Reply 49
theres no places at clarance dock already checked ive bin put in oxley nt complaining 2 much bin n seen it its really nice in a new block with ensuite n theres loads of work still goin on updating the place n its a better student area nt 2 far from the uni as people make out. the thing tht has gt 2 me n this may sound self-fish but ive heard people who have been allocated 2 clarance dock who didnt apply there so wouldnt it av made sense 2 put me there n them in oxley its still ensuite etc i thought the whole idea of viewing days n choosing ur accomodation was 2 choose somewhere u like