Piccies of the pistachio butter cups I made today :cute:

Spoiler:
    Show

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG 
Views:	533 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	118899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG 
Views:	547 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	118900  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They look awesome!
    Do you have a recipe for them?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    They look awesome!
    Do you have a recipe for them?
    Was taken from http://www.donutstodelirium.com/2011...o-butter-cups/ Mine are bigger than hers and because I didn't have enough pistachio butter or chocolate I used slightly reduced quantities, so while she says you can get 36 small cups, I got 9 larger ones and could probably have got about 12-13 if I'd had the proper quantities...but I may well try something else (pecan butter? walnut butter? who knows ) and get smaller silicone cups and try again, which might be more likely to get me closer to her three dozen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Was taken from http://www.donutstodelirium.com/2011...o-butter-cups/ Mine are bigger than hers and because I didn't have enough pistachio butter or chocolate I used slightly reduced quantities, so while she says you can get 36 small cups, I got 9 larger ones and could probably have got about 12-13 if I'd had the proper quantities...but I may well try something else (pecan butter? walnut butter? who knows ) and get smaller silicone cups and try again, which might be more likely to get me closer to her three dozen.
    Ah, may have to wait a while before trying that.. One of the only applicances I don't own in a food processor!! And neither does literally anyone in my family!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    experiencing blog fatigue, plus, have misplaced my camera
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    experiencing.. have taken a picture on my camera instead of phone and can't be bothered to upload it syndrome
    I'm so bad with my blog, I update it in fits and starts, but I would like to upload stuff more often.
    Doing my little sisters birthday cake soon so I will have to try rememer to take pictures during not just after!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Made triple chocolate cookies today :drool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just been spending
    I bought some silicone cupcake moulds in the hope that they'll hold their shape better than paper ones, some industrial piping bags that I'll hopefully get 2-3 uses out of before needing to throw them away, and some cake pop sticks
    Finally spent the £10 amazon gift voucher I won at Christmas!
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only two more hours left of this deal you bakers may be interested in

http://www.groupon.co.uk/in/.Efsl3i?nlp
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    made some nommy Fruit bread today

Name:	DSCI1255.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	521.7 KB 
ID:	134927
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I have not logged in for such a long time! Well, here is what I have been up to:

Grain and processed sugar free carrot cake
    Amazingly good, as all other 'healthy' things I have made have failed majorly and have turned out like rocks! This cake however was lovely and soft.

Name:	120304_393carrot+apple+cak.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	136494

Maulwurf cupcakes
    Based on the German cake 'Maulwurfkuchen', which is a chocolate cake with the inside scooped out, then filled with bananas.

Name:	120211_346maulwurf+cupcake.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	136495

Lemon Delicious
    It's like a sponge cake but not a sponge cake

Name:	120126_280lemon+delicious.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	136496

I am trying not to consume grains and sugar until March 25...but today I failed by eating some coconut jelly and dumplings at yum cha....so I guess that means I can bake this weekend Yay! Although I feel better having not consumed grains/sugar, I miss 'proper' baking BUT...the light in my oven is broken. You never realise how helpful the light is until it decides to die!

Have a good day all
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    Wow, I have not logged in for such a long time! Well, here is what I have been up to:

Grain and processed sugar free carrot cake
    Amazingly good, as all other 'healthy' things I have made have failed majorly and have turned out like rocks! This cake however was lovely and soft.

Name:	120304_393carrot+apple+cak.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	136494

Maulwurf cupcakes
    Based on the German cake 'Maulwurfkuchen', which is a chocolate cake with the inside scooped out, then filled with bananas.

Name:	120211_346maulwurf+cupcake.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	136495

Lemon Delicious
    It's like a sponge cake but not a sponge cake

Name:	120126_280lemon+delicious.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	136496

I am trying not to consume grains and sugar until March 25...but today I failed by eating some coconut jelly and dumplings at yum cha....so I guess that means I can bake this weekend Yay! Although I feel better having not consumed grains/sugar, I miss 'proper' baking BUT...the light in my oven is broken. You never realise how helpful the light is until it decides to die!

Have a good day all
    These are all grain and sugar free? Can I have the recipes please (especially for the first one)! I'm trying to eat healthier and baking doesn't really factor into that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    These are all grain and sugar free? Can I have the recipes please (especially for the first one)! I'm trying to eat healthier and baking doesn't really factor into that
    Only the carrot cake is grain free. The others are not so healthy (hmm it is really hard to type with a band aid on your index finger ahha). The carrot cake recipe is here: http://fruitsaladmixedveg.blogspot.c...processed.html
    HAve fun
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good Food were doing re-runs of old Use Your Loaf episodes (hosted by James Martin and Paul Hollywood) a while back, and one recipe Paul did was cherry and chocolate bread...so I figured I'd give it a go.

I don't think I'd make it again because the cherries were a real pain to incorporate into the dough, but it tastes nice And chocolate bread (minus the cherries) might well be something I'd consider doing again; the little choc chips in the dough add little bursts of chocolatey goodness as you bite into the bread
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	137555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	137556  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)

I don't think I'd make it again because the cherries were a real pain to incorporate into the dough, but it tastes nice And chocolate bread (minus the cherries) might well be something I'd consider doing again; the little choc chips in the dough add little bursts of chocolatey goodness as you bite into the bread
    Couldn't you mix the cherries in with the dry ingredients?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last weekend I made a yeast apple cake...and the apples were cooked with cloves Mmmm Winerty!

Name:	120318_439apple+yeast+cake.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	137916

I was also trying to be sugar and grain free. Therefore, I made banana pikelets. Prety much just mashed banana and egg. They were good

Name:	120313_431banana+pancake.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	137917
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whaaa? Has no one baked since March? I hope this is not true! (and that my computer is just not loading properly)

Recently baked things in my house:

Persian love cake
    From the name I thought it was going to be something magic. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations However my family seemed to love it! It is an almond meal cake with the other main ingredients being butter and sugar. If you're going to make this, line every bit of your baking tin with paper. Otherwise you'll have caramalised butter/sugar on your tin!

Apple cake (Anne's apple cake)
    This apple cake recipe was given to me by a friend in Germany. At the moment, this is the BEST apple cake I have ever eaten! It is just wonderful

Maderia cake
    I had a packet Maderia cake from the supermarket and thought 'woahhh so good'. I had to make it at home. My stupid 30 year old oven with only a hot plate down the bottom is rather bad and burnt the base and sides. It was like eating bread Tip: get new oven!

Grain free chocolate plum cake
    This was good, though next time, I would use milk chocolate or 70% dark chocolate. I used 85% and it was too cocoa-ey.

Next weekend I hope I have enough time to attempt a taro chiffon cake I am excited
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I finally finished Uni about a month ago and still haven't baked anything My friend's birthday is in just over a week, so hopefully I'll whip something up for that and finally get back into it.

Your photos are always so pretty! :yep:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I <3 all you blogs and everything look so yummy!!
    I made this the other day and it was amazing!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...-bakewell-cake
    Highly recommended! Keep baking! <3

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.