University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

we did
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
So, on your "Accommodation Form - 2005 Entry" (yellow one?) it was clear that you could (and where) state your prefered hall?
Reply 3
Dont remember what colour, think it was white, we had a box (the first thing after the names i think) saying First choice hall:.

was pretty obvious.

then you write a PS and thats about it i think.
Reply 4
Ok - I have a different form, guess it is pot luck for me now :frown:
Reply 5
no no no - it's under the section where it says "living outside uni accomodation". I know it's weird and doesn't look like you need to fill it in. It's the first question before you write whether you're a smoker etc.
Reply 6
Its not there!

Looking at the sample form online.. it is there. But is my form like this on purpose (insurance application)? Its really too late for me to spend time dawdling too - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t146049.html

:frown:
Reply 7
On the late/insurance offer application form, State Hall preference should be directly under 'please send me information on affiliation to a student Hall' on the first side. However, when i phoned the accom office, they didn't even know if there was that option on the form, so i just told them to send mine off to Badock first.
I think they just put you wherever there are spaces now...
Reply 9
susiemakemeblue
I think they just put you wherever there are spaces now...

Yeh, they are filling up the Halls as and where spaces are available, but I was told by Badock's secretary that the 'vetting' process is still going on, so they're still pairing like minded people off into Badock units at least (this is for single rooms btw). As she said that if she received my application, then she'd give me a place, i'm foolishly getting my hopes up.
Badock isn't Wills or CHH, I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
Reply 11
Why thankyou... I guess
Reply 12
susiemakemeblue
Badock isn't Wills or CHH,

...But it still rocks!!
Reply 13
HistoryBoy
Yeh, they are filling up the Halls as and where spaces are available, but I was told by Badock's secretary that the 'vetting' process is still going on, so they're still pairing like minded people off into Badock units at least (this is for single rooms btw). As she said that if she received my application, then she'd give me a place, i'm foolishly getting my hopes up.
I wrote a horribly pretentious Personal Statement for my form. I hope that they've been drinking before they read it... and like my terrible joke about me not having loud music.

Oh dear.
Steveee
I wrote a horribly pretentious Personal Statement for my form. I hope that they've been drinking before they read it... and like my terrible joke about me not having loud music.

Oh dear.

So did I... what was your joke?
Reply 15
Steveee

Oh dear.

lol Stevee

Bah, it doesn't matter how pretentious ur PS was at this stage, although they still vet apps, they're just sticking like-minded peeps together now (remember though, it's the Hall warden/sectretary that actually does the accepting, and they can be quite fussy i'm told...)

When do you think you'll hear back from them, methinks it'll be 10 days max, but i'm getting anxious.
Reply 16
Clarkey_Berlin
So did I... what was your joke?

Oh basically I tied the whole PS together with what I've been doing this summer (trying to make out that I'm interesting and not lazy), which ended with me going to Reading Festival.

I said "Finally: and most recently, I went to the Reading music festival with a large group of friends. I have a very eclectic musical taste, although I can assure you that I will not irritate with loud music." And then carried on with stuff about my church and how I'm obviously a good boy. :rolleyes:

Not really a joke; more of a frivolous comment. I think I dropped a GCSE grade due to one of them once.
Steveee

Oh dear.

You sound cool. Want a tip? Ring up the warden at Wills (Donald Shell). Explain your situation lucidly (missing an offer etc.) and tell him how much you would like to go to Wills. Make it clear to him that you have a lot of ex-curric. interests, which would allow you to fit in well at Wills; tell him how you would have applied there, had Bristol have been your first choice.

If you are convincing and polite, I think he'll give you a chance. If there are no spaces, you could ask to be put on the short-list, and wait for people to drop out in the first week. Good luck!
Reply 18
Clarkey_Berlin
You sound cool. Want a tip? Ring up the warden at Wills (Donald Shell). Explain your situation lucidly (missing an offer etc.) and tell him how much you would like to go to Wills. Make it clear to him that you have a lot of ex-curric. interests, which would allow you to fit in well at Wills; tell him how you would have applied there, had Bristol have been your first choice.

If you are convincing and polite, I think he'll give you a chance. If there are no spaces, you could ask to be put on the short-list, and wait for people to drop out in the first week. Good luck!

Really? That sounds rather backhanded. I'd love to go to Wills, but...

... well I might give it a go. I just hope that I'd not be pushing out a fellow TSRer for my place!

EDIT: and he'll be working there, and he won't get peed off that I'm interrupting his busy schedule?
Reply 19
From the accommodation office;

Yes, insurance students can only choose between catered and self catered.
If you are particularly keen to go into a Hall rather than a student house
you should choose catered.

Latest

Trending

Trending